Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect?

+6
Luinil
El Duderino
SciFiBoy
Alasted
damkira
Mako
10 posters

Go down

How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect?

How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_lcap36%How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_lcap27%How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_lcap27%How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_lcap0%How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_lcap9%How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_lcap0%How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect?

Post by Mako Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:42 pm

For those of you that work, how many hours a week is too much? Which one is over your limit?
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue20/20How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue0/0How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty That depends on whether you get paid hourly or if you're on a salary.

Post by damkira Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 am

If hourly, then I'd say sixty.

If salary, I'd say forty five.
damkira
damkira

Back to top Go down

How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty Re: How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect?

Post by Alasted Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:47 pm

If you hate your job, I'd say forty.

Last edited by Alasted on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alasted
Alasted

Back to top Go down

How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty Re: How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect?

Post by Mako Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:54 pm

I would say 60 or more hours is too much. If you have a full time job and work 6 days a week, 8 hours a day, that is 48 hours. Which, I think is reasonable. Some days might be longer than others and maybe you work a double/ overtime once in a while, which would make it 50 something hours. Still OK, after that it is just too much...

@Alasted
Nice new avy!
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue20/20How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue0/0How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:25 am

Mako wrote:@Alasted
Nice new avy!

Thanks, I was overdue for a change ^_^
Alasted
Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:52 am

35 hours a week would equate to 6 hour days for 5 days a week, to me that seems fair, more than that I imagine would leave many quite tired (and as a result, probably less productive too)
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
EXP: 10

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:55 pm

God forbid anybody should feel tired after work.

Maybe a 10 hour work week would make us all super duper productive.
Alasted
Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:10 pm

If we didn't work at all we would clearly build up more and more energy until there would be a super productive explosion that would transmorph the world into a golden new age...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:13 pm

that is, unless, everyone just lazed about. after a few days of laying around the house, you don't have more energy, you have less....
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue15/15How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:25 pm

^^ that's just your fat ass... I build up energy exponentially...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:40 pm

I put 80 hours 'cause I dunno what I'm talking about.

40 hours is the norm, though.
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue25/25How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssenkahdavic Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

If they are paying you hourly, then working any number of hours = more money.

On Salary (as I am), any more than normal hours is too much.
IE, I get paid for my hour lunch break, so my 40h work week = 9-5, 5 days a week. Since I get paid for lunch, working 45h is understandable to me (putting in that extra hour for lunch), but anymore and Id go balistic. Good thing this has never happened Smile (We are only "required" to be in the office from 10-3, 5 days a week)
Ssenkahdavic
Ssenkahdavic

http://www.wekillmobs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Acevil Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:14 pm

I say 50-60 hours. This is also assuming you do some work at home, if you have a high paying profession. Anything higher, will lead to stress and possibly demoralization.
Acevil
Acevil

Character sheet
Health:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue15/15How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue10/10How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:19 pm

I think sometimes shit happens and you have to stay late that said you still should be under 50 for sure.

Right now for the last 6 weeks I have been working 70-80 hours a week, with NO overtime.

So if you ever wonder where kenzo is he is at work slaving away.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue100/100How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Left_bar_bleue10/10How many hours of work a week is unethical for an employer to expect? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down