Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Nintendo E3 Thread

+6
c03n3nj0
SHMUPGurus
damkira
dsister
Mako
pichu
10 posters

Go down

Rate Nintendo's E3 2010

Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_lcap36%Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_lcap45%Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_lcap0%Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_lcap9%Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_lcap9%Official Nintendo E3 Thread I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty Official Nintendo E3 Thread

Post by pichu Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 pm

That time of the year again. All the gaming companies are unleashing the big guns in this biggest gaming convention of the year! Kay, enough with the corny sentence...
Anything Nintendo goes here.

Nintendo's conference starts on Tuesday at Noon EST.
http://e3.nintendo.com/

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Mario Sports Mix

Wii Party

Metroid Other M

Kirby: Epic yarn

Epic Mickey

Goldeneye 007

Donkey Kong Country wii

Just Dance 2

Golden Sun Dark Dawn

3DS games:

http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/
^ some screens. PAPER MARIO HAS RETURNED TO BASICS ON THE BATTLING FRONT. Very Happy

Activision Publishing, Inc.

DJ Hero®️ 3D

AQ INTERACTIVE

cubic ninja

ATLUS

Etrian Odyssey

Shin Megami Tensei

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom

RESIDENT EVIL®️ REVELATIONS

SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition (name not final)

Electronic Arts

FIFA football

Madden NFL

The Sims™️ 3

Gameloft

Asphalt GT

Harmonix

Music game

HUDSON SOFT

Bomberman franchise

DECA SPORTS franchise

KORORINPA franchise

KONAMI

Baseball franchise

Contra franchise

Frogger franchise

HIDEO KOJIMA'S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D

"The Naked Sample"

PRO EVOLUTION football franchise /

WINNING ELEVEN franchise

LEVEL-5

Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

Majesco Entertainment

BloodRayne: The Shroud

A Boy and His Blob

Face Racers: Photo Finish

Lion's Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti

Martha Stewart

WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous Entertainment

BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D (name not final)

NAMCO BANDAI Games

Dragon Ball®️ franchise (name not final)

Gundam®️ franchise (name not final)

PAC-MAN™️ & GALAGA™️ (name not final)

RIDGE RACER®️ (name not final)

Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo

Animal Crossing™️

Kid Icarus™️: Uprising

Mario Kart™️

nintendogs™️ cats

Paper Mario™️

PilotWings Resort™️

Star Fox 64™️ 3D

Steel Diver™️

ROCKET

Crash-City GP

VS-robo

SEGA

Sonic (name not final)

Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

SQUARE ENIX

CODENAME: Chocobo Racing®️ 3D

DRAGON QUEST®️ franchise

FINAL FANTASY®️ franchise

KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

Take-Two Interactive

Carnival Games®️ franchise

TECMO KOEI GAMES

DEAD OR ALIVE®️ 3D (name not final)

DYNASTY WARRIORS®️ (name not final)

NINJA GAIDEN®️ (name not final)

SAMURAI WARRIORS®️ 3D (name not final)

TOMY

LOVELY LISA 3D

NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ACTION

THQ

de Blob 2

Kung Fu Panda Kaboom of Doom

Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet

The Penguins of Madagascar

Puss N Boots

Saints Row: Drive-By

Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed™️ Lost Legacy

Battle of Giants™️: Dinosaur Strike

Driver®️ Renegade

Hollywood 61 (name not final)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon™️

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™️

Warner Bros

Batman franchise

LEGO franchise

9:00am - It looks like things should be starting any second now.

9:01am - Reggie Fils-aime is taking the stage.

9:04am - Reggie talked about the importance of technology, but calls it only a "tool". The experience matters most. He then presented a trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Awesome.

9:06am - Miyamoto is now talking about the new game. There are some slightly changed controls for the Wiimote and nunchuk. He passes it off to Bill Trinnen to demo the game.

9:08am - Bill does a terrible job at playing the game because he doesn't use the shield properly. Miyamoto comes onto the stage to show how to do things right. Miyamoto says all controls are using A, B, C, and Z buttons. Other than that, it's all about motion control to use your sword and shield. Using Wii Motion Plus, sword movement is one-to-one.

9:12am - Hold your sword skyward to get a beam attack. Move both hands in the same direction to do a spin attack. You can use your shield to deflect octorock attacks back at them. You need to be precise with sword attack to get around enemy defenses.

9:15am - Items can be selected by holding the B button and moving the Wii remote to select an item. Aiming with the slingshot is no longer done by pointing the screen. You just move your hand around where it is to move the cursor on screen. Miyamoto seemed to have some trouble with some of these controls.

9:17am - They are having some interference problems, but are attempting to continue the demo. Showing a new item: beatle. You should it and then you control the beatle and the camera follows it. You can use it to look around and gather items.

9:19am - Now showing the whip. It moves based on how you whip the Wii remote around. You can't use it to kill large enemies, but you can use it to kill small enemies and cut grass. I'm sure it'll be used for some interesting puzzles as well.

9:19am - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is coming out next year. Worst news of E3 so far.

9:23am - Reggie is back talking about sports. He talks about their usual lineup but is now talking about Mario sports. A video is show Mario in sports he's never been involved in: volleyball, hockey, dodgeball, and basketball. It's the usual over the top action. It's being called Mario Sports Mix. It is coming out next year.

9:26am - Reggie is now citing stats and studies showing that Wii is still going strong and that Wii gamers buy and play lots of games. He's also mentioning high sales of titles like Mario Kart Wii. Moving to Wii Party.

9:27am - 13 party game modes: board game island, balance boat, house party games. Over 70 mini games.

9:28am - Now showing a trailer for Just Dance 2. 40+ new tracks. Up to 8 players. Even so, Just Dance doesn't seem as cool after seeing Dance Central on Kinect. It's coming fall 2010.

9:29am - new Golden Sun for DS is now called Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. About to show a trailer.

9:31am - DS RPGs don't necessarily make for show-stopping trailers, but as a JRPG fan, this does look like fun. I didn't expect to see much DS stuff with the 3DS announcement coming. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn comes this holiday season.

9:33am - Announcing a new GoldenEye game for Wii now. It's trying to recapture what made the original good. Definitely has the right look. Stars Daniel Craig. Made by Activision.

9:34am - GoldenEye will be out this holiday season.

9:35am - Disney Epic Mickey being talked about now. Warren Specter and Adam Creighton demoing the game.

9:40am - Mickey has the power to draw and erase using paint and paint thinner. The game world itself changes based on what you do. You can make pieces of the world and characters disappear and reappear. You can use paint to help you overcome obstacles. Or you can remove obstacles using paint thinner. They were showing a very dark area which is one of the game's quest zones. They then showed a black and white side-scrolling section.

9:44am - Reggie is back talking about Kirby. He's now showing a trailer for Kirby's Epic Yarn, a new Kirby game. It looks very unique. The whole world is stitched together out of yarn. This is the type of experience that looks great on the Wii, not held back by its tech. All the many ways for yarn Kirby to get powered up look ridiculous and fun. Huge yarn bosses. It's all 2D side-scrolling. Wish I was at E3 to play it. It's coming out this fall.

9:48am - Talking Dragon Quest IX now. It has sold 4.2 million copies in Japan. It's coming to DS in the US on July 11. Metroid: Other M is coming out August 31. They're now showing a really sweet trailer for it.

9:50am - Now showing a trailer for Retro Studios' new game. It's a new Donkey Kong Country!

9:51am - Donkey Kong Country Returns is coming out this holiday.

9:52am - Closing the conference talking about Nintendo 3DS.

9:53am - Talking about the importance is not wearing glasses That will obviously be a big selling point on the 3DS for a long time.

9:55am - Satoru Iwata talking about 3DS. 3.5" inch widescreen display on top. Regular DS-sized screen on bottom.

9:58am - It has a 3D depth slider so that you can decide how much 3D you want. Just like before, the bottom screen is the only touch screen. The top screen is the only one with 3D.

10:00am - It has a "Slide Pad" which looks to be an analog nub like on the PSP. Full compatibility with DS/DSi titles. You can take photos using the 3D camera and view them in 3D. That's pretty awesome.

10:01am - The 3DS will be able to play 3D Hollywood movies. No announcements yet, but at E3 they are showing 3D trailers for How to Train your Dragon from Disney, Legend of the Guardians from WB, and Tangled from DreamWorks.

10:02am - Showing a trailer for Kid Icarus: Uprising. Looks like the fans are finally getting what they want.

10:04am - Looks like a lot of sword slashing, shooting energy arrows, jumping around, flying, fighting giant bosses. Looks fun. It's hard to believe it is running on a handheld. Looks like it could run on Wii just fine. Except it'll be in 3D on the 3DS of course.

10:06am - Iwata is talking about some odd communication. The systems will talk to each other and Wi-Fi without the owner telling it to. This can allow games to talk to each other as well as your games automatically picking up new content. So you turn on your game and may find new content that wasn't there before. I'm guessing a fair amount of people will want to turn this off for battery or privacy concerns.

10:07am - No monthly fee for the 3DS online service.

10:08am - Iwata predicts most third party launch support for 3DS of any launch they've done. Miyamoto is working on a new Nintendogs for 3DS that will also have cats.

10:09am - Lots of third party support: DJ Hero (Activision) Level-5, Square Enix (Kingdom Hearts), Saints Row (THQ), Tecmo/Koei, Resident Evil (Capcom), Batman (WB), Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft), Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai), Metal Gear Solid (Konami)

10:10am - It looks like that's it for the show. They are concluding with a video of third parties talking about how great the 3DS is.

10:15am - Scratch that. They aren't quite done. Now they're showing a video they made of Nintendo employees getting sucked into a 3DS and various Nintendo props getting sucked out of it into the real world. The video was made because there isn't a good way to show off 3D tech on stage. Funny video. But sadly as we venture into the world of 3D, companies will have to find some way to show off 3D content.

10:17am - Nintendo hired a ton of 3DS demonstrators (girls with 3DS's strapped to their belts) to show off the game to attendees as well as on the show floor.

Last edited by pichu on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:26 pm; edited 21 times in total
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue25/25Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty Re: Official Nintendo E3 Thread

Post by Mako Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for us. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. Biggest things I want to hear about are Zelda Wii and the 3DS. Maybe some Kirby Wii, F Zero Wii, and Pikmin 3 if we get lucky.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue20/20Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Darn you, Pichu! Had to one-up me with a countdown clock Evil or Very Mad

Come on Star Fox Wii!
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue15/15Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue5/6Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty Official Nintendo E3 Thread.

Post by damkira Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:45 am

My god...
I have to work this morning... on this day of days! Nintendo's conf is at 9:00am today PDT.
I'm expecting:

Zelda Wii
Epic Mickey
3DS
Wii Party

All Nintendo's conference as well as press releases will be found at e3.nintendo.com
damkira
damkira

Back to top Go down

Post by SHMUPGurus Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:06 am

Don't forget another fitness game with the help of the vitality sensor. We don't have enough of them + hippie breathing!!
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

https://www.youtube.com/SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:29 am

Zelda looked really good. Only thing I am worried about are the controls. Everything else looks amazing. Even Miyamoto was having troubles with the controls. But, they have until next year to get that sorted out.

3DS looks really cool. I was hoping for the whole top part to be a big wide screen, but 3.5 inch is big enough I guess. Kid Icarus looked cool as well and had some amazing graphics. Then there was so much more announced for 3DS so quickly. Metal gear Solid in the works, Kingdom Hearts, etc...
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue20/20Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:32 am

Gotta massively update the OP.

MASSIVELY!
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Official Nintendo E3 Thread Left_bar_bleue25/25Official Nintendo E3 Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:36 am

I thought this was supposed to be 2 hours? It was only 1 1/2..... Oh well, it was still really cool.

Also what's going on pichu?:
"Official Nintendo E3 Thread.
by damkira" Razz
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:45 am

Mako wrote:I thought this was supposed to be 2 hours? It was only 1 1/2..... Oh well, it was still really cool.

The rest was at Nintendo's website.

Also what's going on pichu?:
"Official Nintendo E3 Thread.
by damkira" Razz

You're the admin, you explain it to me. Razz
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:02 pm

HOLY SHIT DUDE SO MANY GAMES!

Gahhhh
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:06 pm

New zelda artstyle looks like a mix between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SHMUPGurus Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:10 pm

They gave us what we wanted. And more is yet to come I think (Pikmin 3 anyone?).
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:24 pm

^^ Then you really didn't want much... a few games with potential there but overall same old...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by SHMUPGurus Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Just like Microsoft man. I didn't hate their presentation. I wanted Reach, Gears 3 and a Slim, I got them. I wanted Zelda and Metroid and at least one of these: Star Fox/DK/Pikmin/F-Zero.

What more can you ask for?
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:54 pm

^^ Yeah I also wanted DK and Kirby... but those should be a given... how about something new ? Zelda looks like the same old Zelda we have been getting since the 64... thats not terribe but far from impressive... and Im still quite sceptical about the new Metroid... DK Kirby and Kirby look fun but not like something all that new and exciting... Mickey game might have potential...

I know I complain about Nintendo a lot but I do feel like most of what they do is a enless recycle mode... when 64 came out every game got the 64 treatment... but that was actually exciting since we got an extra dimension... giving everything the Wii treatment now isn't anywhere close to as exciting... IDK... maybe Im getting to old for this s**t... Razz
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Xen Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Nintendo pretty much won E3. That showing was just TOO huge.
Xen
Xen

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Official Nintendo E3 Thread HarryPotterE3OfEpicness
Official Nintendo E3 Thread If8olv
Official Nintendo E3 Thread BqVKo
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saki Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Amazing.
Saki
Saki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Post by amp316 Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:29 pm

It's pretty obvious that Nintendo's living in the past.
amp316
amp316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down