Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe global warming is real?

+6
El Duderino
SciFiBoy
zex
pichu
Mako
Kenzomatic
10 posters

Go down

Do you believe global warming is real?

Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_lcap19%Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_lcap0%Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_lcap56%Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 9 ]
Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_lcap25%Do you believe global warming is real? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 16

Do you believe global warming is real? Empty Do you believe global warming is real?

Post by Kenzomatic Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Please be civil, when discussing.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue100/100Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue10/10Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Do you believe global warming is real? Empty Re: Do you believe global warming is real?

Post by Mako Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Yes, but only partially from us. The Earth's climate changing is a natural cycle. I also believe the two HAARP facilities in Russia and Alaska are somewhat to blame.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue20/20Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue0/0Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Do you believe global warming is real? Empty Re: Do you believe global warming is real?

Post by pichu Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 pm

I think it was partly by man, there's other things that's throwing CO2 in the air as well.

Last edited by pichu on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue25/25Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue0/0Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:50 pm

Yes, and man has definitely a responsibility in it, but I dunno how much can we really do to stop it without severely stopping the civilization from working (at least till we get accustomed to use non-contaminating resources). I mean, it's not easy to solve

But I do believe global warming is real, dunno if as catastrophic as it's painted, but it has real basis, no doubt
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Yes but only partially caused by man, thats my current understanding of it, that we have had an impact but that its also part of the planets eco system or something
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue20/20Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
EXP: 10

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 pm

We call her mother earth for a reason... shes getting old and this is just the menopause... heat flashes are completely normal at this stage...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by marciosmg Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:40 am

Depends. Because a lot of people put everything into Global Warming. Pollution, alternative energies, etc. It all gets put together.

People now dont even call it Global Warming anymore. they say Climate Change. Its a sutil but fundamental difference

My view is:
1) Global Warming is a natural cyclical event
2) Mankind may be affecting it but not in a major way.
3) We should do something about pollution and alternative energies.
4) The solution to GW chosen have been stupid to me. Have rich countries pay poor countries not to develop their economies?

Will the US and Europe tell the under-developed countries not to build industries, which would generate jobs, revenues, etc. cause it would hur the environment?

I say there is not sufficient evidence to do something drastic like that.
marciosmg
marciosmg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

El Duderino wrote:We call her mother earth for a reason... shes getting old and this is just the menopause... heat flashes are completely normal at this stage...

That is funny and true. Wink
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by killeryoshis Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes. Its the reason we don't get snow until christmas
killeryoshis
killeryoshis

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Yep. Some of it is our cause, and then the other parts are natural.

Don't we just call it climate change now or something? I mean, it's getting cold....
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue25/25Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:57 am

Well this has yielded interesting results and I wish I had used the term "Climate Change" instead as maybe it would have revealed different results.

We almost have as many moderates as we do extremist. I generally always point to the Geologic temperature record as evidence that the temperature of earth has never been stable and never will be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_temperature_record

It seems to me to beleive "climate change" is only caused by humans is a rather Hollywood view of things. "All things are controlled by humans and all results come from there involvement." I believe that is called human centric thinking. That's how you make good stories by the way, name one story without humans controlling the plot (talking cats that walk talk act like humans still count, as do blue aliens).

The other extreme seems to be mostly a response to balance things out. Again the change in wording may have played a role. Anyways in a constantly changing world/solar system/universe how could anyone ever actually beleive that the average temperature of earth never changes? I don't think people do. I think they beleive environmentalism is a political agenda being pushed on them and climate change is just a red herring to further propel this agenda.

I think global warming is probably more beneficial in understanding how horribly non-objective scientist can be. Maybe in the future scientist will study this as a what not to do.

Don't find creative ways of getting the data you want
Don't negate or dismiss descent from your opinion
Don't try to manipulate peer reviews so your message seems more sound
Don't get involved in politics
Don't claim results, that are disputable, as fact, use terms such as indications or points to or reason to beleive.
Don't only observe/study the data that benefits your view point
Don't beleive you need to save the world, beleive you need to be a great objective scientist for the world. (not a savior a servant)
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue100/100Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Do you believe global warming is real? Left_bar_bleue10/10Do you believe global warming is real? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 am

I'm extremelly oposed to these global warming fanatics, and i don't believe this scam the slightest

It's useless to deny the world is getting warmer, though
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down