Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop

+2
Don Ramón
pichu
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop

Post by pichu Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Read Before posting.. it won't hurt ( much )

Now you have heard of a game that will come out soon in the month of November called Animal Crossing... I have a lot of explanations why this game will "suck" and flop coincidentally . Now first things first and lets get to why it will be bad at reviews.

The past animal Crossing had some positive reviews With Animal Crossing having an 87% on game rankings. only minor flaws with the game but nothing too big that will mess up the gameplay just like that! but as you see the review for Animal Crossing Wild world, the Animal Crossing version for the DS that was released around 3 years after the original you see a very different score. you see an 86% on gamerankings for it? coincidence? nope, It's that players got tired of the same game all over again, collecting, collecting, collecting and nothing really added anything new to the gameplay and the story of the game is non existance so it's no wonder why the handheld version of Animal Crossing went down a point. Now that City folks is just starting to come in, we can see a similar path of reviews like we did with the both animal crossings.

But this time it will be different. City folks has pretty much the same gameplay as it's predecessors and the reviewers will not like that. They want to see something exciting, something brand new, something that's totally different, but instead they get the same game they had that was released 6 years ago with only a few things added on so it doesn't look like a repeat of the same game, like the city. this game will probably end up a turn for the worse and end up at around 70% on gamerankings.. or maybe even lower if they aren't being too optimistic... 65% is the highest it would probably get...

Now about the sales, Wild world is just edging near the 10 millionth mark while Animal crossing for the gamecube is one of the gamecube's million sellers. but with city folks it will be different and yes it will be down in sales. The reason why the Ds version got it's 10~ million sales is that the Ds has a high userbase of near 80 million plus players. also the Ds was the first ever "casual" console that Animal Crossing was launch on which could have helped contribute the high sales for wild world. The gamecube version got only a few million cause again the low userbase and hardcore fanbase.
The reason why City folks will flop is

1. Animal Crossing is just not as fun anymore as it was years ago. It was all fun running through town, fish, catch bugs and try to live the independent life but now it's just plain boring and it feels like a chore instead of a game.

2. Animal crossing fanboys will cause the game to spike up in sales during launch week but then go down as the animal crossing fanboys got the game already..

3. casual gamers will not, I repeat WILL not buy this game. They probably already have the DS version of the game on account of the game selling near 10 million and they will probably think " eh, I got the Ds version already, I don't need to spend $50 dollars on the same game... and.. ooh wii Music, something fresh and new, I will buy that!"

That concludes why one of the biggest wii games this year will not be as big as other people hoped it to be. Teh hardcorez don't want to buy it cause they would probably think it's too girly or too kiddy and teh casualz don't probably want to buy it cause they would probably already have the DS version and don't want to spend on 50$ on the same game they have already have on the DS... and the reviews Will suck too

Last edited by pichu on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Left_bar_bleue25/25Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Left_bar_bleue0/0Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty Re: Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop

Post by Don Ramón Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:15 pm

Bipolar?
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty Re: Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop

Post by B4L Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:35 pm

wall of text my eyes bleeding ......sorry my attention span is too short now days to read . quick summary plz
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Don Ramon wrote:Bipolar?
what? o_o

Caporegime wrote:wall of text my eyes bleeding ......sorry my attention span is too short now days to read . quick summary plz

ugh, read the conclusion then >_<, you get more info if you read the whole thing.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Left_bar_bleue25/25Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Left_bar_bleue0/0Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by amp316 Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:19 am

I hear you. People will be picking up their 5th copy of Quantum of Solace before they pick up their first copy of Animal Crossing: City Folk.
amp316
amp316

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:41 pm

amp316 wrote:I hear you. People will be picking up their 5th copy of Quantum of Solace before they pick up their first copy of Animal Crossing: City Folk.

sarcasm For the win Very Happy
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:11 pm

I think he was being serious that time .....
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Brawl4life wrote:I think he was being serious that time .....

you don't know amp that much do ya?
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:02 pm

maybe i'm being sarcastic about him being serious ....or he is serious after all he bond bias .
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:44 am

Brawl4life wrote:maybe i'm being sarcastic about him being serious ....or he is serious after all he bond bias .

you're not the sarcastic type Mr. Chinky.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by amp316 Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:50 pm

I'm always serious. It says so in my profile. Don't you guys read?
amp316
amp316

Back to top Go down

Post by PDF Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:12 am

I think you took one % point to serious
PDF
PDF

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm always serious.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:40 pm

Apparently this thread is in need of this.

Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop WhySoSerious
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Left_bar_bleue100/100Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Left_bar_bleue10/10Why Animal Crossing: City Folks will suck and flop Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by amp316 Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 am

What a joker.
amp316
amp316

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:31 pm

amp316 wrote:What a joker.

so you are saying I am the Jester of these forums?
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by amp316 Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:05 am

No the Joker is above me. The "why so serious?" thing. You want to be a jester, go right ahead. I'll just leave a one or two sentence snarky remark because I'm two lazy to do anything else.

Wow! That was four sentences.
amp316
amp316

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:28 pm

so should I post this on VGC?

or will I be blamed for trolling and flaming?
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:41 am

try and see...
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:56 am

tonight
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:05 pm

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=48770&start=0
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:57 pm

ARE YOU ROL PUPPET?
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm now a puppet? o_O
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:46 pm

haha they think your Rolstop other puppet .....
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:07 pm

they don't even believe that I have typed it =(

oh well.. their loss... =/
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next