Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wii U Thread

5 posters

Go down

Wii U Thread Empty Wii U Thread

Post by Mako Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Rumors over Nintendo's next home console are coming out like crazy. While I don't believe any of them at all, I'll wait until Nintendo actually says something, it is still interesting to read about. With that being said, what would you like to see Nintendo do with their next console?

I think:
-Will be called Wii HD.
-Graphics better than PS3; 1080p resolution.
-Traditional controller somewhat similar to GC controller.
-Fully backwards compatible with Wii and GC games.
-New games can chose to use wiimote/ nunchuck if need be and Nintendo will still produce these. (That way we still have motion controls)
-One short friend code per system, similar to 3DS
-eShop like on 3DS
-Uses blu ray discs.
-built in hard drive

Last edited by Mako on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Wii U Thread Left_bar_bleue20/20Wii U Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Wii U Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0Wii U Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Wii U Thread Empty Re: Wii U Thread

Post by Mako Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Well, I was dead wrong with the controller being like a traditional controller. I'm still not sure about the whole concept of the controller, but I'm sure Nintendo will do amazing things with it. We are hearing the Wii U will be more powerful than the PS3, but I'm worried that once sony/ microsoft release their consoles it will be this generation all over again.

Wii U Zelda trailer below:
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:42 pm

well you where pretty close with most of your predictions... unfortunately I don't share you optimism about Nintendo doing amazing things with this controller... sure there will be some really fun new thing it will be able to do... was the same with Wii sports... but after that they really didn't do anything exciting with it... they even had to add wiimotion+ which I really hated...

first they promised going in new directions with a great first step being wiisports... but then they played it safe again and all the A list games like zelda, mario, kart and brawl used the wiimote as a gimmicky addon at best... yeah its nintendo and they will keep making fun games... and there is a thing or two I can imagine a second screen in your had will bring to the table... but in the end we all only have one pair of eyes and (save cross-eyed marry) we can only watch one screen at a time... so I fear that we will have some fun simple games that make good use of it at first but the more meatier games coming later on will probably just use it as a map or item screen...

so yeah I know I come off as a nintendo hater a lot lately but I'm just worried with the different directions they are going... on the one had sticking to traditional games they have always been making (which is partly good but I was really expecting some completely new concepts with the Wii when I got it but lots of the games that where promised either got canceled of fell short)... on the other hand they are always trying to innovate the controls navigating themselves into a corner where they constantly have to add something to their controls cause thats what nintendo stands for now... third parties are just now getting the chance to use motion control on all consoles and now they have something new they have to incorporate... whats good about the WiiU controller is that it still have a traditional controller in it so devs can chose to just make minor use of the touchscreen... but I also fear that once again Nintendo fans will mostly buy Nintendo games exclusively and once MS and Sony release new consoles third parties will mostly ignore the WiiU like this gen...

but really whats most important for me is weather it will be easy to pirate Razz
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Launches Holiday 2012.
No friend codes, up to 12 accounts per system!

Wii U Thread Blackhardware_big

Wii U Thread Whitehardware_big

Size
Approximately 1.8 inches high, 10.5 inches deep and 6.8 inches long.

Weight
Approximately 3.41 pounds (1.5 kg).

Wii U™ GamePad
The Wii U GamePad™ controller removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. It incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen, as well as traditional button controls and two analog sticks. Inputs include a +Control Pad, L/R sticks, L/R stick buttons, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons, ZL/ZR buttons, Power button, HOME button, -/SELECT button, +/START button, and TV CONTROL button. The GamePad also includes motion control (powered by an accelerometer, gyroscope and geomagnetic sensor), a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, an included stylus and support for Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds (500 g).

Wii U Thread Blackcontroller_big

Wii U Thread Whitecontroller_big

Other Controllers
The Wii U console is capable of supporting two Wii U GamePad controllers, up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers or Wii U Pro Controllers, and Wii accessories such as the Nunchuk, Classic Controller and Wii Balance Board.

Wii U Thread Controller_pro_big

Video Output
Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

Appearance
The new console features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any home entertainment setup.

CPU
IBM PowerⓇ-based multi-core processor.

GPU
AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.

Storage
Wii U uses an internal flash memory. It also supports SD memory cards and external USB storage.

Media
Wii U and Wii optical discs.

Networking
Wii U can access the Internet via wireless (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) connection. The console features four USB 2.0 connectors – two in the front and two in the rear – that support Wii LAN Adapters.

Wii Compatibility
Nearly all Wii software and accessories can be used with Wii U.

Audio Output
Uses six-channel PCM linear output via HDMI® connector, or analog output via the AV Multi Out connector.

Wii U Features
In addition to introducing new ways to play, Wii U also offers users a variety of non-gaming features to enhance the overall experience.

Miiverse
Miiverse is a brand-new network communication system that lets gamers from around the world share experiences, discuss games and discover new content. Using their personalized Mii character, players enter Miiverse and see games, applications or entertainment content that either they have interacted with recently, expressed interest in learning more about or that their friends are using or discussing. From here they can challenge their friends to play together, ask a question about a difficult level or discover new elements of their favorite games they never knew existed. After a notable achievement or other share-worthy moment, players can pause their game or application and seamlessly post messages to the Miiverse community.

TV Remote
The Wii U GamePad controller may also function as an infrared TV remote, whether users are watching TV or playing a game.

Near Field Communication (NFC)
The Wii U GamePad has the ability to communicate wirelessly with objects that are held above it. This allows for a variety of interesting new possibilities for games and activities.

Nintendo eShop
The digital storefront for Wii U will be available at launch and offer a variety of content for people to download and enjoy. Consumers will also be able to purchase and download select games that are also available at retail stores.

Video Entertainment
Nintendo is working with Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, and YouTube to bring video experiences to Wii U that will take advantage of the integrated second-screen experience. Additional details will be released at a later time.

Video Chat
Using the built-in camera of the Wii U GamePad, people can communicate with other Wii U owners in real time.

Internet Browser
Wii U comes with a browser that lets people with a wireless Internet connection surf the Internet from the comfort of their couches.

Games

Wii U Thread Wiiug
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 am

so... any first hand accounts yet?
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Wii U Thread Left_bar_bleue15/15Wii U Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:52 am

nope... not getting this super sized DS till it drops in price and is properly hacked...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 pm

I bought it on launch day. Although I have mostly been trying to finish up my Wii games before I buy a bunch of Wii U games I did buy Mario, Black Ops 2, and it came with Nintendo Land. All 3 are great multiplayer games, but Nintendo Land is the only one that really uses the controller well. Launching the ninja stars by flicking across the touch screen to the TV is fun and fairly accurate. The stronger you flick the faster it will go... The other games are fun as well and also use the controller fairly well, EXCEPT dancing. I hate that one. -_-

All in all, I wouldn't say the camepad changes things as much as the wiimote did or even the additional screen on the DS. Indeed, the wii u is a giant DS now. Except you can't look at both screens at once. I didn't buy it for the gamepad and I don't expect to use it much. Hopefully they don't force it. Just like the wii had wii sports and a few other fun motion games i think the wii u may only have a few games that truly utilize the controller well. I have my pro controllers for smash bros and I really can't wait for that. Pikmin and Rayman also look great. Hopefully the system does good and (Luin) you need to buy one when smash comes out. Razz

TL/DR: Controller isn't that revolutionary, can't wait for smash bros.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:36 am

yeah I was hearing that it sorta feels like a living-room DS but since both screens won't be close to each other they don't function as well together... at least not in single player... I have no doubts that they will find at least a few good ways to implement it... the more traditional button setup will also make it easier for third party games... and of course brawl and kart and zelda should be as fun as ever... still the lack of a new killer experience is yet to be seen and is what nintendo really needs...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGamecube64 Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:56 am

So far, I love my Wii U, although the library is lacking. The 3Ds has a terrible library until just recently, though. I'm sure the Wii U will pick up in a year or so. In the meantime though, can't wait for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate next month.
SuperGamecube64
SuperGamecube64

https://www.facebook.com/SGC64

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:48 am

^^ I still can't really believe that nintendo launched the WiiU without anything close to a killer app after seeing what wiisports did for the Wii (although who would have guessed how big that would be)... still did they really thing nintendo land would do the same? sales seem to show they thought it would sell just going by the wii name... in any case they need the expected titles soon and then some... but rumor is they are hard at work at upping the library... they really need a solid setup when MS and Sony launch new consoles to make the early start worth it... Im hoping they will have a massive amount of games at E3... and good ones at that...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGamecube64 Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:56 pm

In all honesty, Wii U is a terrible name. Not only does it sound like the noise a siren makes, it confuses people that aren't as "hardcore" as us, for lack of a better term. I wish a had $1 for everyone who thought that the Wii U was either a controller for the Wii or a Wii game.
SuperGamecube64
SuperGamecube64

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:51 pm

well rumor has it MS will name their next xbox.... Xbox... just that... or maybe "The Xbox"... kinda like wants it to be just Iphone... and the 4 or 5 is just a technical thing no one notices cause you're supposed to have the most recent one anyway... can't imagine how that wouldn't confuse people... going from Xbox to Xbox360 and then back to Xbox... or The Xbox...
then again they can't go to Xbox3... that would be missing 60 from the last one... and Xbox720 sounds weird to... if they really want to do things like apple they should call it Xbox4... or 360 S...
playstation 4 is pretty straighforeward but looks kind uninspired and tired... really though it would be something like PSrevolution... or PlaystationU...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGamecube64 Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm waiting for Afterglow's Wii U pro controller to come out. I'd like to get one, but don't feel like spending the same amount of money on one as I could get a game for. Afterglow controllers are generally $30 and work really well. Quite the far cry for the old days of spending $20 on pelican controllers that fall apart.
SuperGamecube64
SuperGamecube64

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 pm

is it basically a a 360 pad for the wiiU just with the buttons and pad switched on the right side?... idk I'd probably wait and see how many game need the WiiU pad to see how usefull a normal pad is...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperGamecube64 Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 pm

I actually find the Gamepad to feel very natural, but for fighting games, I'm gonna want a pro of a fightstick. I play Tekken using the Wii's classic controller.
SuperGamecube64
SuperGamecube64

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Honestly with the rumors that the 360 is going to be online only I may end up with the Wii U as my console of choice
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Wii U Thread Left_bar_bleue15/15Wii U Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Wii U Thread Left_bar_bleue5/6Wii U Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down