Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could have one super power?

+3
Luinil
skeezer
Mako
7 posters

Go down

If you could have one super power, which would it be?

If you could have one super power? I_vote_lcap0%If you could have one super power? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
If you could have one super power? I_vote_lcap0%If you could have one super power? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
If you could have one super power? I_vote_lcap20%If you could have one super power? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
If you could have one super power? I_vote_lcap80%If you could have one super power? I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 5

If you could have one super power? Empty If you could have one super power?

Post by Mako Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:56 am

Which one would you want, and why would you want it?
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue20/20If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue0/0If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

If you could have one super power? Empty Re: If you could have one super power?

Post by skeezer Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:59 pm

Ability to read other peoples thoughts when i choose to. This would just come in really handy and not possibly ruin my life. Surprised
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue15/15If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue10/10If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Time Travel is perhaps my favorite super power. It would allow you to be in more than one place at a time, and can go undo or redo or simply do certain events a certain way.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue15/15If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue0/0If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Saki Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Luinil wrote:Time Travel is perhaps my favorite super power. It would allow you to be in more than one place at a time, and can go undo or redo or simply do certain events a certain way.

Not really. Time travel has all kinds of crazy restrictions and if you fart up you can ruin the world...

As for my power....flight or super strength. Flight because flying is farting awesome. Super strength because I could make a living fighting make a few million bucks and retire.
Saki
Saki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:49 am

telekinesis... if you have that down you get strength, flight and speed in one package... plus you get to do pretend you're a jedi... telekinesis and telepathy combination like jean gray from the x-men would of course be best but thats pushing it... and I also think that time travel may be tempting but can only end badly... you can't even go back in time and kill hitler cause that would alter the present so much you would most definitely not be born (at least not in the way you are now)... and if you can't kill hitler its just not fun...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:02 am

El Duderino wrote:telekinesis... if you have that down you get strength, flight and speed in one package... plus you get to do pretend you're a jedi... telekinesis and telepathy combination like jean gray from the x-men would of course be best but thats pushing it... and I also think that time travel may be tempting but can only end badly... you can't even go back in time and kill hitler cause that would alter the present so much you would most definitely not be born (at least not in the way you are now)... and if you can't kill hitler its just not fun...

Actually... you could kill hitler. but you would also have to go back in time again before you killed him to make sure he wasn't killed after you had put the hit on him. In this way you can kill him, multiple times even, but still have a very similar path for the future. Time is one of two things, a single "straight" line or has divergence paths. So long as there is one path that stays the same, then nothing has to change. The different paths can deal with their own problems Razz

But still, if you can time travel, then you cannot lose a fight, just go back before they were expecting it and beat them. If you need a new weapon you can go to the future and snag one to beat someone in the present.

In the end i guess controlling time would be more of the power i am looking to, not just time travel per se. Still a form of time travel...
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:54 pm

^^ none of that works... if you go back in time and kill hitler and that leads to your parents never meeting then you never where born and never went back in time to kill hitler in the first place... you just go back in time again... weather this will break spacetime or if it self-corrects itself is a matter of its own and pure speculation... yes you can still say you brought a perfect hitler clone to replace him and patch things up... but thats just silly Razz

but its logically impossible to do something in the past that would prevent you from going into the past in the first place... just like you can't simply assume you can just go into the future and get a lazergun to kill you enemies in the now... you brining the lazergun to our present might lead to lazerguns being banned in the future, preventing you from getting one... or gay-mexican-muslims with lazerguns blow up the world in which case you would end up in a nuclear wasteland when you get to the future...

and controlling time is not a superpower... its more of a form of omnipotence... superhero powers always leave you with a weakness... even if its really stupid like with superman...

you would think someone would want the power to heal the sick, nurture the weak and feed the hungry... but no one ever wants any of that... then again Jesus would have probably traded those in for shooting fireballs from his eyes when he was hanging up there Razz
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Who the fart would want x-ray vision, and what for......seriously....
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue10/10If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:11 pm

^^ err... to give cancer to big breasted ladies??? duh....

Razz
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:41 pm

What's with all this nonsense about killing Hitler? A lot of people presuppose that superpowers have to be used for good (or evil), but I'd be inclined to use my newly acquired superpower for my own petty, selfish goals. For instance, I'd put the power of time travel to use in Vegas, making a killing at the roulette table and the sports book.

If I were granted the powers of time travel and X-ray vision, watch out! I'd relocate to 1956, and spend all my free time hanging around a twenty-year-old Mary Tyler Moore.
Alasted
Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Alasted wrote:What's with all this nonsense about killing Hitler? A lot of people presuppose that superpowers have to be used for good (or evil), but I'd be inclined to use my newly acquired superpower for my own petty, selfish goals. For instance, I'd put the power of time travel to use in Vegas, making a killing at the roulette table and the sports book.

If I were granted the powers of time travel and X-ray vision, watch out! I'd relocate to 1956, and spend all my free time hanging around a twenty-year-old Mary Tyler Moore.

I'm thinking that x-ray vision doesnt let you see through clothes but instead lets you pass x-ray's through things. [causing cancer]
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Alasted Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:53 pm

skeezer wrote:I'm thinking that x-ray vision doesnt let you see through clothes but instead lets you pass x-ray's through things. [causing cancer]

Oh. In that case, I'd travel back in time and hang around a newborn Dane Cook.

I guess I'll use my powers for good, after all. Razz
Alasted
Alasted

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 am

Alasted wrote:
skeezer wrote:I'm thinking that x-ray vision doesnt let you see through clothes but instead lets you pass x-ray's through things. [causing cancer]

Oh. In that case, I'd travel back in time and hang around a newborn Dane Cook.

I guess I'll use my powers for good, after all. Razz
How bout, both! xray visions and ability to see through clothes. Twisted Evil
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:23 pm

I just got into Dr. Who, so:

THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL THROUGH TIME AND SPACE
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
If you could have one super power? Left_bar_bleue25/25If you could have one super power? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down