Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you.

3 posters

Go down

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you. Empty Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you.

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:00 am

Simple enough.

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you. Salvador_dali-galatea_of_the_spheres

Dali, Galatea of the spheres
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you. Empty Re: Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you.

Post by MesoZombie Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 am

i am torn, i like the free feeling of the picture but the imposed lines forming teh lady for me tend to take away from the overall appearance....

i think the picture would b better for me with out her extra, just leave it implied and let the viewer take what they want from it with out implying a lady then actually putting one there

mine is called the nightmare, i did a few studies on it in high school and loved the demon man and horse head in the background

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you. 500px-John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Night
MesoZombie
MesoZombie

Back to top Go down

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you. Empty Re: Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you.

Post by El Duderino Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm

I like it, good contrast in colors... the woman all in white surrounded by darkness was a good choice... the demon looks very menacing and the horse ads a certain level of insanity... its simple but very affective... just the way I like it...

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you. Munch.madonna

This one is a long time favorite, Munchs Madonna
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by MesoZombie Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:36 pm

i will attribute teh yellow to teh art time, but the expression on her face is ure bliss, not joy or sorrow but a level of peace very few alive will every achieve

that combined with the yellowed skin and dark atmosphere make me wonder if the artist was pondering death during teh work and it was able to manifest itself thru this piece...even if he did not mean it to

take for instance the blood red around her head, it can very easily be taken as the kind you would see from a blow to the head as she lay on the ground teh bliss of death took her into its embrace

this comes from the dada...interesting was their story

Post an artwork you love, analyze the one above you. 91
MesoZombie
MesoZombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gengibre Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:51 pm

It doesn´t work, I will try it again... later
Gengibre
Gengibre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down