Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen?

+3
El Duderino
Don Ramón
Kenzomatic
7 posters

Go down

How important do you think backward compatibility will be next Gen?

How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_lcap30%How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_lcap10%How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_lcap20%How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_lcap30%How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_lcap10%How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_lcap0%How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen?

Post by Kenzomatic Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:05 pm

How important do you think backward compatibility will be next Gen?
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue100/100How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue10/10How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty Re: How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen?

Post by Don Ramón Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Extremely... thats the big part of success on PS2 and Wii
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty Re: How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen?

Post by El Duderino Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:00 pm

BS... people would have bought those by the dozen anyway... its shiny, its new, its got a DVDplayer/waggle-remote... only nerds play old games... nerds like us... most people are "meh" on the subject...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:32 pm

How important will it be to the industry, or to me? If the former, no idea, if the latter, zero, at most I played one PS1 game in my PS2, I don't need BC at all nor care about it
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:49 pm

I would like it. The ability to play an older game without dragging out a past console. With both my Xbox and PS2 missing the ability to play a lot of the (good) original Xbox games has been helpful. I still have a nice pile of PS2 games that I can't play because of the lack of backwards compatibilty
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue15/15How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue5/6How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Saki Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:45 pm

I think its kinda important to the industry, Though they seem to care less and less all the time thats why I say kinda. Personally its super farting important to me and if I ever buy a PS3 its gonna be a 60GB off eBay and Sony will see none of my money. This is when Digital Distribution becomes a pain in the ass along with DLC Im not a fan.

"Buy a brand new PS3 Slim and pay $40 for a higher res version of both the GoW games you already own because you cant play them on your new system!!!" (Why not I mean its already farting doing it for $40 right!?)
Saki
Saki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:54 pm

"if I ever buy a PS3 its gonna be a 60GB off eBay and Sony will see none of my money"

If you buy one on ebay someone else won´t get it and sony gets their money sooner or later...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Saki Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Losing doubles...
Saki
Saki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:58 am

I think early on it will be extremely important I mean the graphics on the next gen could be photo real and the graphical jump would not be as big as last gen to this gen and certainly not as big as the ps1-n64 to ps2-GC-Xbox.

Plus if we are extending the life cycle to 7-10 years then we are talking about people collecting even more game.

I think the last thing Microsoft or Sony want you doing next gen is making a decision based on hardware, they will be similar.

Example Xbox 720 doesn't play 360 games or transfer my data over, I'm starting over from scratch. Well Instead of it being my immediate choice over the PS4 now I will be shopping. Of course I'm getting the big N no matter what.

I think the company that make the transition as pain less as possible is a winner.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue100/100How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue10/10How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:42 pm

I see it this way. If the include backwards comparability the old console is pretty much dead. By not including it it forces people to still but the older console. Like with PS3 and PS2. So the older console can still sell for some time before people decide to switch. I think companies should always include backwards compatibility (when possible). It makes your decision to buy the new console that much easier.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue20/20How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Left_bar_bleue0/0How important do you think backward compatiblity will be next Gen? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down