Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more?

+7
Brute
skeezer
Saki
Mako
zex
Kenzomatic
pichu
11 posters

Go down

Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more?

Post by pichu Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:51 pm

Is it because of nostalgia? Cause you like it because it was your first game?

I don't understand why people prefer this over melee or brawl which has tons more features in it that makes the regular smash bros. So outdated. Brawl has everything that the original Smash Bros. don't; like extra characters, online, music choices, and 1 player adventure. All I want to know is what makes the original smash Bros the best? I don't get it. =/
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue25/25Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue0/0Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty Re: Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more?

Post by Kenzomatic Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:58 pm

This reminds me of a debate about purist on another game.

Generally speaking people don't like change, for better or worse.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue100/100Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue10/10Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty Re: Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more?

Post by zex Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Not me. I hate the original SSB with passion. Haven't played the others, though
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:56 pm

I like Brawl better.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue20/20Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue0/0Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Saki Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:44 pm

I dont. Brawl is the shit but the original is still awesome for nostalgic reasons.

I'll play both I dont care.
Saki
Saki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:50 pm

I dunno why but It seems I had a lot more fun with the original maybe it was the time period waiting for my friends to come over with their controllers, ahhhhh good old days.
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue15/15Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue10/10Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:58 pm

I enjoy Brawl more.
Brute
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Brute wrote:I enjoy Brawl more.

Me too! Very Happy
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Left_bar_bleue20/20Why do people prefer the original Smash Bros. more? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:21 am

skeezer wrote:I dunno why but It seems I had a lot more fun with the original maybe it was the time period waiting for my friends to come over with their controllers, ahhhhh good old days.

Maybe at that time you weren't a Sony fanboy Razz... or you had friends.. lol

OT

IDK, i had a lot of fun with the original but by this time Brawl is better, it hasn't surpassed melee yet though.
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:57 am

who said the original was better? I hear more melee is better then brawl comparison. They just miss their overpowered moves of certain characters dominating all the time. I like brawl better since its a bit more balance and you can win with almost all the character. Where melee it was fox, sheik, peach, or marth whooping ass 24/7 . Brawl not perfect, but its better then Melee.
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by SHMUPGurus Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:14 am

^ I'm not touching this post with a ten foot pole...!

OT: I've never heard people liking the original more than Melee or Brawl. Like skeezer said, it's probably due to the time period they've played the game. There was a time when people had lots of time for gaming with friends, and maybe Smash Bros. came out in that time period so they have more memories of the game.

It's kind of like me with Melee. When I go back to it after playing a few sessions of Brawl, I have a weird (but good) feeling that makes me question myself "Why was this game so good for its time?" Also, I guess that's because we bought a GameCube the first year it came out with Smash Bros. Melee. It's the game we played the most, me and my bro (after the N64 version).

I don't really want to talk about it, but maybe I was disappointed by Brawl because it was more of the same, but not that much at the same time. It's kind of complicated to say, but that's how I feel about the game. Though, I have to say The Subspace Emissary was awesome. It didn't feel like a Smash game at all (for the best, or worse?)!

Oh, and Smash Bros. is the best game to destroy your N64 controllers...! @_@
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

https://www.youtube.com/SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:39 pm

SHMUPGurus wrote:^ I'm not touching this post with a ten foot pole...!

OT: I've never heard people liking the original more than Melee or Brawl. Like skeezer said, it's probably due to the time period they've played the game. There was a time when people had lots of time for gaming with friends, and maybe Smash Bros. came out in that time period so they have more memories of the game.

It's kind of like me with Melee. When I go back to it after playing a few sessions of Brawl, I have a weird (but good) feeling that makes me question myself "Why was this game so good for its time?" Also, I guess that's because we bought a GameCube the first year it came out with Smash Bros. Melee. It's the game we played the most, me and my bro (after the N64 version).

I don't really want to talk about it, but maybe I was disappointed by Brawl because it was more of the same, but not that much at the same time. It's kind of complicated to say, but that's how I feel about the game. Though, I have to say The Subspace Emissary was awesome. It didn't feel like a Smash game at all (for the best, or worse?)!

20 foot?
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:28 pm

You don't want this to become something like this http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=64788
huh?
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:41 pm

They probably prefer it more because it was the first one, you know nostalgia.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by SHMUPGurus Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:55 pm

Falcon095 wrote:

[...]

You don't want this to become something like this http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=64788
huh?

Oh man, my plan has been discovered. I will convert all of you Brawl followers one day! Bwahahaha! Twisted Evil
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

https://www.youtube.com/SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 am

SHMUPGurus wrote:
Falcon095 wrote:

[...]

huh?

Oh man, my plan has been discovered. I will convert all of you Brawl followers one day! Bwahahaha! Twisted Evil

Hahaha
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:41 pm

I prefer Brawl, even if I was better at melee
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:57 pm

Don Ramón wrote:I prefer Brawl, even if I was better at melee

I was better at Melee too!
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down