Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review

+6
loro
pichu
Flow
Kenzomatic
Don Ramón
El Duderino
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review

Post by El Duderino Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:45 pm

For the hopefully last time ... I never said you are generally close minded... a close minded person is someone whos mind is closed to certain ideas... thats all... and we are talking about videogames and a specific series not in general... in essence what I said was: "Some fans of the older games may have a closed mind to the changes in the series." ... these people are, in this case, close minded... you obviously are part of this group of people... no big deal... I don´t get how you can argue with that...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review - Page 2 Empty Re: Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review

Post by Flow Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Calling someone close minded is offensive

"Some fans of the older games may have a closed mind to the changes in the series." Is not what you said, you said that open minded gamers will embrace change, therefore, the rest are close minded gamers in general

I'm just pointing it out, but whatever, the review is yours
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Yes open minded gamers will embrace the changes... all other gamers minds are obviously closed to these changes... I don´t see the the problem here... my mind is not open to everything too... but when it isn´t open to something because my taste is different I try not to complain about it...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Well okay then don't complain but don't come and call me close minded because i don't like this game

I wouldn't say a word too but i find that in your review offensive
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by loro Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

I think all of this discussion is simply a case of symantics. I think Dude could have said the same thing by saying...."if you go into this game with an open mind..."

Instead he claims that anyone who doesn't like the game is close-minded. I can see how Flow would be offended....and if someone had reviewed a game that I felt strayed too far away from the path of previous games, and they told me I didn't like it simply because I was close-minded, I would certainly be upset as well.

From what I can tell, Flow is anything but close-minded. He might, perhaps, be resistant to try (or like) this game...but I don't think by nature he is close-minded. It's kind of like "hate the sin, not the sinner" logic. I think Dude is entitled to suggest that fans of the old-school Resident Evil series should give this game a try and open their minds to the new generation of RE....but to use a blanket statement for those gamers who don't like it is a bit misguided and certainly lacks tact.
loro
loro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:59 am

Thank you, etecoon

That's just a heads up, dude, you should edit that

I don't know where you will publish this review, but it won't be cool to offend a lot of readers
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by loro Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:23 am

Flow wrote:Thank you, etecoon

I don't know where you will publish this review, but it won't be cool to offend a lot of readers

lol...I didn't say that he should change it.

Dude isn't afraid of offending anyone...it's part of his style. And reviewers and critics have always been known to be offensive and cause controversy. I was more concerned about his offending you personally Flow, than about a certain readership. Writing reviews is tough work and takes a lot of time, so to tell him that he should edit it also lacks tact. You've made your case pretty clear...and usually a simple nudge or comment would suffice...after that, it's up to him and his "style" so change what he will....if at all.
loro
loro

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:29 am

To be honest I really don´t mind if I offend a few readers... in my experience people don´t want to read about stuff that is politically correct, they want opinions and emotions, bloodshed and murder... no broken eggs, no omelet.... you can´t make all of the people happy all of the time and I never intended to... also I don´t give a rats ass what other people say is misguided and lacks tact... I think most people will see it for what it is, one guys opinion who made a little pun at people who probably should be able to laugh about them self a bit... if people don´t see it that way Im definitely not going to be a political correct drone who tries to make everyone happy all the time... I didn´t do this for anybody but Don... he seems to like what I do and appreciates that I´m doing this as a little act of friendship. He seems to like my style the way it is and he (and perhaps paying customers) are the only people who I except complaints from... if someone has constructive criticism to offer I am happy about that too... but saying "I feel offended by your minor pun and demand that you change it" is not constructive criticism in my book... I am now fully aware that you feel offended and coon thinks I lack tact and am misguided... I know this and I chose not to do anything about it, its my review, my freedom of speech and I am forcing no one to print it, read it or like it... if tons people don´t like it I can still decide that I ether have to change my style or that its not worth writing if I can´t write it my way (which it would be as long as I am doing it for free)... thank you for your concern
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:33 am

super_etecoon wrote:

lol...I didn't say that he should change it.

Writing reviews is tough work and takes a lot of time, so to tell him that he should edit it also lacks tact.

I know you didn't, those are my thoughts

I appreciate and understand the effort in writing a review, i can even relate it to my music. You can give me some constructive criticism and i will listen, you can't say my music sucks and pronto. Giving constructive criticism is what i did or at least intended to do, i'm sorry if i was a little rude on some of my posts but i got offended, you know?

El Duderino wrote:
To be honest I really don´t mind if I offend a few readers... in my experience people don´t want to read about stuff that is politically correct, they want opinions and emotions, bloodshed and murder... no broken eggs, no omelet.... you can´t make all of the people happy all of the time and I never intended to... also I don´t give a rats ass what other people say is misguided and lacks tact... I think most people will see it for what it is, one guys opinion who made a little pun at people who probably should be able to laugh about them self a bit... if people don´t see it that way Im definitely not going to be a political correct drone who tries to make everyone happy all the time... I didn´t do this for anybody but Don... he seems to like what I do and appreciates that I´m doing this as a little act of friendship. He seems to like my style the way it is and he (and perhaps paying customers) are the only people who I except complaints from... if someone has constructive criticism to offer I am happy about that too... but saying "I feel offended by your minor pun and demand that you change it" is not constructive criticism in my book... I am now fully aware that you feel offended and coon thinks I lack tact and am misguided... I know this and I chose not to do anything about it, its my review, my freedom of speech and I am forcing no one to print it, read it or like it... if tons people don´t like it I can still decide that I ether have to change my style or that its not worth writing if I can´t write it my way (which it would be as long as I am doing it for free)... thank you for your concern

""I feel offended by your minor pun and demand that you change it" is not constructive criticism in my book..."

Perhaps phrasing it better will make it constructive criticism? Either way, if you don't mind offending anyone, i don't think i can say anything else
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:11 am

Great review, I can't wait to play this game, the only thing that I'm dissapointed about is that they made it more of a action/shooter then a survival/horror.
Brute
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:39 am

I finished the game yesterday... and I love the game.
I dont understand why they softened the horror scenes... they had a lot of chances of combining action and horror.
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Well I just beat the game.

It was almost laughable how much it followed RE4's template. Yet for me it lacked the charm RE4 had. It was close to none stop action and too much for me I had to take breaks. For some reason it feels like Gears of War had more breaks in its action then RE5.

Cool Character, Cool environments, and Crappy story. As an explinations for a lot of things in the RE universe it did well but as its own story it was completely uniteresting. The character where intersting though.

Overall a good game just nothing great.

Side Rant (not aimed at RE5 directly):
I'm so sick and tired of playing games where each character takes 4 head shots to die. Seriously if I shoot you in the head even if you didn't die you would not be fighting me.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10/10Resident Evil 5 - 360/PS5 - Review - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dgc1808 Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:39 am

Great review, dood.
Dgc1808
Dgc1808

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2