Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS?

+4
Don Ramón
loro
pichu
zex
8 posters

Go down

Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS?

Post by zex Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:31 am

I think that some of the arcade games here are really fun, and it'd be nice if we had some kind of "official leaderboards" for each game. It'd be just for show, of course, but I think it'd encourage people to play the arcades more.

What does everyone think about this?
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty Re: Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS?

Post by pichu Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:40 am

I talked to etecoon about this before. I was thinking something like that, but I may need to find games that allow high scores to be saved and viewable to see and then I'll record them and place them by scores from top to bottom. As of yet I still haven't find a game that does that.

There's always the second option of posting your high score to the thread, but there's also the fact that someone may be LYING about their high score just to get to the top. So yeah... If we're going by the second option, I may NEED to trust you arcade goers.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue25/25Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue0/0Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty Re: Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS?

Post by zex Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:45 am

We can always require screenshot for the score to be counted. I doubt anyone here doesn't know how to take one and upload it. While it's true it can be photoshopped, I doubt anyone will go to that extent.
Also, the thing is if we should do a leaderboard for each game and put it on that game thread or pick up all the leaderboards for each game and place them on a separate thread (maybe even on the frontpage, who knows)
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:35 am

Separate thread me thinks. And there are some people here that would go into that. Very Happy I guess, interrogations will be necessary like a "what password did it tell you?" or "what did you see when you reached to that level?" kind of questions.

As for being on the front page, that's for the admins to decide.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue25/25Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue0/0Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:50 am

Considering that yesterday I had to prove TWICE that I weas the real zexen in the chat Very Happy (which was really funny, and I didn't mind, by the way), I think that asking those questions is only natural, it's common knowledge that NS is filled with falsificators, con artists, impersonators and all kind of guys who make a living of liying and deceiving Wink
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by loro Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:52 am

I'd like to believe that we can rely on people's honesty. It worked in the arcade at the other ns....and it's worked here, too. If anyone cares enough to cheat....then let the wookie win.
loro
loro

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:00 am

I was joking coon and I'm sure pichu was too, I really doubt we'd need to resort to requiring screenshots, I trust all the people here. Heck, the only time we doubted a score was when pichu said that he had made 1200m in Bloody Penguin, and it was because it was so far ahead of what everyone had been doing. Pichu shut us all up in a second with a screenshot, though.

At least for me, I've never faked a score in the arcade, and never will, you can trust me Cool
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:14 am

i agree... and like the idea
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:33 am

I'll make a leaderboard for a few of the games, but seeing as I have to do it manually I'm not going to do all of them. Tell me what games you want boards for and I will make them.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue100/100Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue10/10Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:39 am

Kenzomatic wrote:I'll make a leaderboard for a few of the games, but seeing as I have to do it manually I'm not going to do all of them. Tell me what games you want boards for and I will make them.

All the ones I'm leading Wink

Now seriously, I think you should pick the most popular: Beer Tapper, Bloody Penguin, Icescape, Blox Forever, Security and Bubble Shot

I can help you if you want, just ask me
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:43 am

Kenzomatic wrote:I'll make a leaderboard for a few of the games, but seeing as I have to do it manually I'm not going to do all of them. Tell me what games you want boards for and I will make them.

Looks like I have a new job.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue100/100Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue10/10Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 pm

^ Neat idea! I was thinking of doing a thread to put them in, but still I think that's cool. Smile
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Kenzomatic wrote:here I'll do more later

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net/portal.htm?pid=3

Blox Forever scores aren't skeezer's, they are mine Wink

Fantastic job, kenz
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:36 pm

zexen wrote:

Fantastic job, kenz

Woah Why is my name there Very Happy
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Left_bar_bleue15/15Should we have official leaderboards for the arcade games in NS? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:01 pm

zexen wrote:

Fantastic job, kenz

Stop lieing, skeezer got those score *counts money in hand* and a few more
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Nice, good Job Kenzo
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 am

Hehe, kenz, you got something against me, or you really have been bribed by skeezy, the Beer Tapper scores by him are really mine again Wink
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:41 pm

zexen wrote:Hehe, kenz, you got something against me, or you really have been bribed by skeezy, the Beer Tapper scores by him are really mine again Wink

Kenz, please, I'm sorry to whatever I have done to you, but don't steal my scores in revenge. Pleeeeeease Very Happy:D
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by MesoZombie Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:49 am

i vote yes
MesoZombie
MesoZombie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:52 pm

zexen wrote:
zexen wrote:Hehe, kenz, you got something against me, or you really have been bribed by skeezy, the Beer Tapper scores by him are really mine again Wink

Kenz, please, I'm sorry to whatever I have done to you, but don't steal my scores in revenge. Pleeeeeease Very Happy:D

The gatekeeper demands payment

Also I removed the scores for Icescaper as you could play for 20 hours if know the trick. I also removed scores for blox forever as its only ten levels and is merly a task in memorization and how fast you can click a mouse.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Kenzomatic wrote:
zexen wrote:

The gatekeeper demands payment

Also I removed the scores for Icescaper as you could play for 20 hours if know the trick. I also removed scores for blox forever as its only ten levels and is merly a task in memorization and how fast you can click a mouse.
I think that what should be done in icescaper is how far you get and not how much time you survived, and in case case more than 1 finish the one with the lowest time get the better place.
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down