Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will books be FULLY dead?

+10
loro
fkusumot
amp316
Don Ramón
Luinil
MesoZombie
B4L
SHMUPGurus
Falcon095
pichu
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When will books be FULLY dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will books be FULLY dead?

Post by Don Ramón Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:54 am

amp316 wrote:
Don Ramon wrote:With the closing of EGm... a book is my new partner in the toilet

I know that EGM wasn't what it once was at the end, but you shouldn't have used it instead of toilet paper.
..... Sick... and funny!
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

When will books be FULLY dead? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will books be FULLY dead?

Post by Brute Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:48 am

I don't think books will ever die, people read books before they go to sleep, and that thing will be bad for there eyes so I don't think it will "FULLY" kill books.
Brute
Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 am

I am reading a book right know before going to bed... it helps to relax
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by lithonal Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 pm

books are cheaper to hand to a 5 year old they don't require much up keep and don't break when you drop them
lithonal
lithonal

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:25 am

When people can store data in their heads and randomly access it and read a book.

Everything's going to be wireless soon. All the signs I see point that way. And the size of phones in Japan, they have ones as small as a Saltine cracker. I'm sure there will be prosthetic devices adapted for whatever passes as the smart phone of 2020. Any "book" is instantly available to anyone. The hard copy is redundant.

That's when books become an anachronism, which is what I think the OP was trying to get at. Now, books might not be dead in the Guangzhou province for the foreseeable future. The despots ruling China have to figure how to deal with this alternate source of knowledge. It won't be that big a deal for the west; probably what most people will notice is that Wikipedia has suddenly become reliable. Very Happy
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2