Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?

5 posters

Go down

Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?

Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  I_vote_lcap67%Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 4 ]
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  I_vote_lcap33%Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?

Post by Mako Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:09 am

I saw Sony posting figures in one advertisement that 60% of the people who want the Move already have a Wii. And Microsoft has done crazy amounts of advertising for Kinect. Will they sell as good as the companies are hoping?
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue20/20Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue0/0Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty Re: Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?

Post by dsister Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 am

Yes
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue15/15Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue5/6Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty Re: Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?

Post by El Duderino Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 am

I voted yes cause they will sell better than I initially expected... I still would have like an option between incredible and won't do well... I hear initial sales are very good and that kinect has slightly more hype... but once the initial hype dies down we will really see if they can sell well over time and attract real software support... which then might attract more hardware sales... I hear MS has a lot of room to cut the kinect price so if they do that fast enough once the initial hype is gone that might held... move on the other hand is easier to implement into games that are not specifically made for it... so that might help it too... I guess we will have to wait and see...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 pm

no, they both look like dire Wii wannabes, Kinnect is laggy as fart too and is getting panned by reviewers and people who have played it.
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue20/20Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue0/0Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:28 pm

^^ Move is a Wii wannabe... kinect is its own kind of wannabe...I haven't read any reviews but from people who have played it I heard it was kinda fun...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 am

1.3 million worldwide for Kinect first 10 days. Take that as you will
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue15/15Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Left_bar_bleue5/6Will Kinect/ Move be as popular as Microsoft/ Sony want them to be?  Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 am

El Duderino wrote:^^ Move is a Wii wannabe... kinect is its own kind of wannabe...I haven't read any reviews but from people who have played it I heard it was kinda fun...

the BBC review pretty much panned it for being laggy and not having much functionality as of yet, by the sounds of its one of those things one should wait before buying, let them work out the bugs and get some good games for it before even thinking about buying it (it sure aint cheap!)

SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:00 am

"laggy and not having much functionality as of yet, by the sounds of its one of those things one should wait before buying, let them work out the bugs and get some good games for it before even thinking about buying it (it sure aint cheap!)"

I can agree with that... then again I would also agree with that statement if it was made about move... or even the wii Razz
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by dsister Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 pm

You can't buy publicity like this
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:33 pm

El Duderino wrote:"laggy and not having much functionality as of yet, by the sounds of its one of those things one should wait before buying, let them work out the bugs and get some good games for it before even thinking about buying it (it sure aint cheap!)"

I can agree with that... then again I would also agree with that statement if it was made about move... or even the wii Razz

Move definitley has the same issues, the Wii not so much, even at launch it had stuff like Wii Sports and was generally very well reviewed (at least from the reviews I read at its launch)

I mean, I could be wrong and Move/Kinnect will sell very well, I just dont plan on buying either till they are actually worth the money (i.e. they sort out the issues and get some decent games), I didnt get my Wii till 2008 for instance, by which time it had games out or coming out and stuff.
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:26 am

^^ Your right Wii sports made the Wii... its still the game Im most likely to play since you can jump in and have simple fun even with people who don't game much... Id still say the controls are far from perfect but it did a great job at showing off the potential and getting people of all ages interested... move does not really have this benefit... I guess kinect does a little...Im not sure if move or kinect have any hype worthy launch titles... but I guess this christmas they will sell just for being new... and people like new stuff... what they need within the next year is their own wii sports game that will define the experience... historically speaking no console peripheral had done very well but sony and ms seem to be going all in with this and since motion gaming has already been established by nintendo Im guessing move and kinct will do at least ok and hold their consoles over till next gen... where they will be directly integrated... unless they try something completely new...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by amp316 Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:31 am

Kinect seems to be selling great. Imagine if it actually worked. I tried that thing at Best Buy and it had to have at least a quarter of a second of lag.

I also tried the Move and it does about what you'd expect. It's similar to the Wii's controls.
amp316
amp316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down