Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions

4 posters

Go down

Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions

Post by dsister Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Darth-vader-noooo

The force is not with David Prowse.

The actor - known among Star Wars fans as the man who portrayed Darth Vader in the original trilogy - has been banned from attending official fan conventions and cast reunions after reportedly "annoying" director George Lucas.

While James Earl Jones is credited with supplying the Sith Lord's baritone voice, Prowse was the man behind the mask in the first three Star Wars movies.

According to his website, Prowse has been banned from "Lucas Film associated events," and that “After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have 'burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself' - no other reason given."

The ban appears to be the latest blow in a long-running feud between Lucas and Prowse. Prowse had been promised to be both seen and heard at the end of the trilogy when Vader's mask is removed, The Sun reports. However, Lucas used a different actor instead, upsetting Prowse.

In addition, the 75-year-old Prowse claims Lucas accused him of leaking Vader's death before the release of “Return of the Jedi.” He also claims he did not receive his fair share of the box office revenue for the final film.

"Dave never received much money for his role and was always shoved to the side," a friend told The Sun. "He believes he's been an embarrassment or annoying to Lucas.

"But he lives for conventions. So to strip this from him, too, is heartbreaking."
Source
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Left_bar_bleue15/15Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Left_bar_bleue5/6Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty Re: Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions

Post by dsister Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Poor guy =(

It sounds like George is a jerk...
dsister
dsister

Character sheet
Health:
Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Left_bar_bleue15/15Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Left_bar_bleue5/6Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty_bar_bleue  (5/6)
EXP: 10

Back to top Go down

Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty Re: Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions

Post by El Duderino Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 am

Well I guess you can only try choking Lucas with the force for so long... I've tried myself Razz ... I tend not to read to much into these sort of stories... but yeah chances are Lucas is being an ass... sad... lets hope Vader gets granted science fiction asylum by trekkies...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:59 am

Well that's a kick to the balls.
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Left_bar_bleue25/25Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Left_bar_bleue0/0Darth Vader Actor Banned From All Star Wars Conventions Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by amp316 Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:05 am

Lucas only does this now because David Prowse used to be a bodybuilder and could still kick George's ass up until recently.
amp316
amp316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down