Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time

+4
zex
Mako
Saki
Kenzomatic
8 posters

Go down

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty Prince of Persia The Sands of Time

Post by Kenzomatic Mon May 31, 2010 5:13 pm

How would I judge this movie well I would say its better then The Mummy Returns and worse then The Mummy. I think two things prevented this movie from being a really great flick.

1 - Its too short. I mean the very beginning didn't flow it was like they felt they "had" to tell us so we would know what was going on. Maybe they should have just dropped us off in the middle of the story as they invade the city. I just felt many of the situations where not givin time to develop properly. After the beginning the rest of the movie flows together fairly well but some areas could have been better.

2 - Jake Gyllenhaal was not meant for this role in my opinion, some parts he was fine at (mostly the parts where a stunt double took over) and other parts he was just blah. There is about a thousand actors that I think would have been a better choice. The cast of The Mummy made you love the movie, the same is true with Prince of Persia except for the lead actor, and thats only like 90% of the movie.

Seriously though the supporting cast did a very could job and was very memorable just wish the same had been true of the Prince. Had the Prince been a Jack Sparrow to Johnny Depp, Indiana Jones to Harrison Ford, Jame Bond to Sean Connery type performance the movie would have been 20 times better. However Jake Gyllenhaal is not the Prince of Persia just the guy who got cast to play him.

At the end of the day the movie is very enjoyable but I doubt you will be buying another ticket to see it twice.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Left_bar_bleue100/100Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Left_bar_bleue10/10Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty Re: Prince of Persia The Sands of Time

Post by Saki Mon May 31, 2010 7:00 pm

I'm surprised this movie generated as much as hype as it did. I haven't watched it but I'm nuetral to it. I don't shit on movies based on video games and I'm also not that big of a movie guy to begin with.

The movie looks neat and I might get around to watching it one day but since I don't give a shit about it's relation to the game (I havent even played it) if it was entertaining it did its job. I'm never really critical with movies. It's either good or bad and I hardly ever watch a movie twice. You say its enjoyable that enough for me. Smile
Saki
Saki

http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Mon May 31, 2010 8:24 pm

I'll be sure to rent it when it is out on DVD. Better than the Mummy Returns is a good thing though as I thought that movie was OK but no where near the first one.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Left_bar_bleue20/20Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Left_bar_bleue0/0Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Mon May 31, 2010 8:59 pm

It's a decent movie, it won't stick with you forever, but you're pretty much guaranteed to enjoy the 100minuteish that the movie lasts. It's a Bruckheimer movie, you know what that means, very high production values, a somewhat predictable story, some comical moments, all that you can expect. In the end, it doesn't disappoint, because if you go watch it, you go knowing what you're gonna get, and it delivers exactly that. The similarities with the game can be counted with the fingers of one hand, and it could be a disappointment since the story of the game lent itself for a good movie, but as long as you know that beforehand, it's all ok.

Gyllenhaal isn't the best prince, of course, but his attitude suits somewhat well the character of the game. Still, he could have been better
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssenkahdavic Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Jake Gyllenhaal did a decent job as the Prince...tho I could not help but wonder where his bubble was.

He makes a much better Bubble Boy and Donnie Darko tho Smile

I did enjoy the movie. It was worth the 6 bucks I paid for admission, tho I do agree with you on it being way to short. I went with four people, 2 video game fans and only 1 who was a PoP fan (besides myself). The two PoP fans and the other video game fan enjoyed the movie, the other two...well they hated it. Guess this is another game movie that only game fans will enjoy.
Ssenkahdavic
Ssenkahdavic

http://www.wekillmobs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonix Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:22 am

Well, I went to watch it with 6 of my friends, and all liked it.

Oh wait, they are all gamers. Except maybe one, who is arguable. Very Happy
Sonix
Sonix

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:12 am

They made a movie about this? Shocked
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Left_bar_bleue15/15Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Left_bar_bleue0/0Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:18 am

Lui doesn't approve of a movie about middle easterns ? big surprise...
Razz
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down