Merry Christmas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Merry Christmas

Post by Unsight on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Merry Christmas everyone.
avatar
Unsight

Posts : 141
Points : 4
Join date : 2008-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by skeezer on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Merry Christmas to you too santa
avatar
skeezer

Posts : 1461
Points : 716
Join date : 2008-10-01
Age : 25
Location : New York

Character sheet
Health:
15/15  (15/15)
Magic:
10/10  (10/10)
EXP: 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Mako on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:25 pm

You could have said that in this thread. But I don't mind. I'm glad to see more people with Christmas spirit unlike someone. Glad to see you here! Smile
avatar
Mako
Admin

Posts : 2890
Points : 3340
Join date : 2009-04-08
Age : 26
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Health:
20/20  (20/20)
Magic:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP: 3

View user profile http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by dsister on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:47 pm

Merry Christmas =)
avatar
dsister

Posts : 885
Points : 954
Join date : 2009-11-02
Age : 26

Character sheet
Health:
15/15  (15/15)
Magic:
5/6  (5/6)
EXP: 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by El Duderino on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Happy Pagan Holiday... rendeer
avatar
El Duderino

Posts : 1706
Points : -999407
Join date : 2008-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Luinil on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 am

Merry Christmas!

_________________


Unsight: Like 7 minutes. That's like a year in internet time.
avatar
Luinil
Admin

Posts : 2366
Points : 1920
Join date : 2008-10-01
Age : 33

Character sheet
Health:
15/15  (15/15)
Magic:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP: 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by iclim4 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:31 am

Merry Christmas Unsight.
May you have good food and be in good company.
avatar
iclim4

Posts : 426
Points : 267
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 107
Location : Perineal area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Alasted on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 am

May God bless us, every one.
avatar
Alasted

Posts : 385
Points : 399
Join date : 2009-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by SciFiBoy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:40 pm

happy xmas
avatar
SciFiBoy

Posts : 532
Points : 555
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 29
Location : England, UK

Character sheet
Health:
20/20  (20/20)
Magic:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP: 10

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Falcon095 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone!
avatar
Falcon095

Posts : 1191
Points : 640
Join date : 2008-12-30
Age : 25
Location : Culiacan, Sinaloa, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by El Duderino on Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:57 pm

Alasted wrote:May God bless us, every one.

If he blesses every one of us its just like he blesses no one at all... kinda like parents telling kids everyone is special... which really means no one is...
avatar
El Duderino

Posts : 1706
Points : -999407
Join date : 2008-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Alasted on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Alasted wrote:May God bless us, every one.

If he blesses every one of us its just like he blesses no one at all... kinda like parents telling kids everyone is special... which really means no one is...

May God bless you, too.
avatar
Alasted

Posts : 385
Points : 399
Join date : 2009-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by El Duderino on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:07 am

... and may magic pixie dust save america Tongue 2
avatar
El Duderino

Posts : 1706
Points : -999407
Join date : 2008-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by iclim4 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:22 am

El Duderino wrote:
Alasted wrote:May God bless us, every one.

If he blesses every one of us its just like he blesses no one at all... kinda like parents telling kids everyone is special... which really means no one is...

You have an odd way of looking at things dude..
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding by reading your post, you gauge worth not by how much you get, but how much more you get compared to other people. Essentially, you look at life as somewhat of a competition. "doing this gives me an edge over you, I got more than you got".

But, personally I think that way of viewing things is fundamentally flawed. You see if you compared how people live their lives from say... a hundred years ago compared to now you'll see the improvement and the convenience added to our quality of life. Sure it happened to everybody but does that negate the fact that improvement in our quality of life happened at all?

Also, if everyone is indeed "special" you wouldn't really stand out in the crowd that being "special" would lead people to believe. But being special means you're great at something which will most likely make you enjoy life more, be it a skill or a talent.
avatar
iclim4

Posts : 426
Points : 267
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 107
Location : Perineal area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by El Duderino on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:27 am

^^ wow... I must really be doing much better than you...
Razz

But seriously... how you distilled my view on the world from one sarcastic comment is quite amazing... I was just expressing my feelings toward the belief that a cosmic force is blessing us all... because if thats really going on someone ows aids chirldren and crack babies a huge apology... as for people enjoying live more by having a "special" skill or talent... well most of these skills or talents need a lot of work to get and even then there is no guaranty they will make you happier in any way... and how many people truly have a skill or talent that is "special" and not shared with millions of other people in the world ? and whats so special about having a skill or talent if that many other people have it ?
Now forget I said anything and enjoy your special christmas blessings which everyone gets but are individually awesome on different yet equal levels for everyone...

Razz

avatar
El Duderino

Posts : 1706
Points : -999407
Join date : 2008-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by B4L on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:26 pm

Yes, Happy Holidays to all .



_________________
avatar
B4L

Posts : 1187
Points : 621
Join date : 2008-10-01
Age : 29
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by SciFiBoy on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:42 pm

i got an xmas avy
avatar
SciFiBoy

Posts : 532
Points : 555
Join date : 2009-07-03
Age : 29
Location : England, UK

Character sheet
Health:
20/20  (20/20)
Magic:
0/0  (0/0)
EXP: 10

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by iclim4 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 pm

El Duderino wrote:
But seriously... how you distilled my view on the world from one sarcastic comment is quite amazing...

Haha, it's a gift. Razz
But as a british poet once said, humor is a way of saying something serious.

El Duderino wrote: I was just expressing my feelings toward the belief that a cosmic force is blessing us all... because if thats really going on someone ows aids chirldren and crack babies a huge apology... as for people enjoying live more by having a "special" skill or talent... well most of these skills or talents need a lot of work to get and even then there is no guaranty they will make you happier in any way... and how many people truly have a skill or talent that is "special" and not shared with millions of other people in the world ? and whats so special about having a skill or talent if that many other people have it ?
Now forget I said anything and enjoy your special christmas blessings which everyone gets but are individually awesome on different yet equal levels for everyone...

Razz

Well, let's make this clear, my reply to you was never about religion nor about Christmas.
It's about how you fundamentally view improvement as only improvement if you're the only one, or only if you're above the majority that's improving. (in this situation I'm using "improvement" and "blessing" interchangebly because, in essence, getting blessed is supposedly getting improvement in that person's quality of life")
El Duderino wrote:If he blesses every one of us its just like he blesses no one at all
You see in your post, God is real (hypothetically speaking) and if he's blessing us all you perceive that it's as good as nothing because everyone is getting blessed aswell.

I maintain, that if everyone is getting blessed(improving) then it's as good as everyone getting blessed. which is why I gave the example about the difference between the quality of life a hundred years ago versus now. The last hundred years, science and our understanding of things through research improved our quality of life, now does that negate the fact that improvement in our quality of life happened at all simply because it happened to the majority of the population? would you only accept that there was improvement if only a select few people had gas stoves and washing machines?



my point in the whole "special" situation is that, for example, everyone was gifted or special in cooking.
Sure it would be much harder to stand out from the rest, but everyone would be able to make a damn good tasty nutritious meal without much effort.

Now if only a select few was special at cooking, they'd definitely stand out better, like a bacon pizza cheeseburger to a hobo, but everyone else would suck at cooking.

Now your argument was that if you're special and everyone else is special, it means nothing.
I stated that if everyone is indeed special, then there'd be an improvement in the quality of life(which would make you enjoy life more) as shown by my example from above. The "special"ty can be switched with intellect, health, athletic ability and it would still hold true to me.

But I digress, I just have a habit of wanting to pick someone's brain if I see something that's fundamentally different than my way of thinking just to see a different perspective of the world. But a "Merry Christmas" thread is hardly the time or place for that.

Enjoy your awesome yet different christmas blessing aswell dude.
Have a Merry Christmas aswell everyone.
avatar
iclim4

Posts : 426
Points : 267
Join date : 2008-10-02
Age : 107
Location : Perineal area

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by El Duderino on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:50 am

I still don´t see how you got "It's about how you fundamentally view improvement as only improvement if you're the only one, or only if you're above the majority that's improving." out of what I said... because you are interpreting things that just aren´t there... a blessing is not an improvement in life... it may be used that way rethorically at times... as in "This new atomic massage chair is a blessing." ... but a blessing really (and expecially in reference to god, which is where this started) is: "the act of invoking divine protection or aid" or "the bestowal of a divine gift or favour"...

Also: "Now your argument was that if you're special and everyone else is special, it means nothing." is not my argument... its the definition of the word special, a word that describes differences... if you lose the differences the word just doesn´t apply...

Anyway Merry Christmas and to all a good fight...
avatar
El Duderino

Posts : 1706
Points : -999407
Join date : 2008-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by marciosmg on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 am

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!!!! I love you santa
avatar
marciosmg

Posts : 204
Points : 206
Join date : 2009-11-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum