Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What does it say................

+3
Mako
El Duderino
Kenzomatic
7 posters

Go down

What does it say................ Empty What does it say................

Post by Kenzomatic Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:17 pm

What does it say about our society that people are willing to argue to the death over the artistic merit of video games and movies? I have seen threads ten miles long hostilely debating MGS4, there have been multiple people stabbed in real life for not liking Twilight. There are entire sites that have been built to disprove that The Dark Knight was a good film.

Now don't get me wrong I have no problem with a civil debate about any topic as it promotes the flow of ideas, but when it gets down to hate and malice that is a real problems. I mean how does someone stab someone else over them liking Jacob in twilight more then Edward WTF. Why are these people allowed to live, we should ship them to the most impoverished country on the planet so maybe they could learn to focus on reality. Then maybe they will learn that having the time and money to be a fanboy/girl is a privilege and adds no value to this planet.

I was reading a Roger Ebert review earlier on GI Joe in which he made fun of the film for being horrible and gave it 1 1/2 stars. There was a small group of people who commented about how much they hated Ebert and went so far as to wish his death over this review. Really? I mean why did they read the review? Why did they comment? I don't get it.

From my perspective it would appear that we have created a way of disguising our self's so we can say and do the inappropriate, abrasive, socially unexceptionable things we want on the internet and return to reality scot-free. (not that everyone does that but many) Now it seem this rigged mentality that happens among the anonymous in cyber land is spilling over into reality as a result of becoming way to comfortable and used to the anonymous cyber environment.

Combine that with the ability to connect with all the other crazies who believe its OK do defend Twilight's Honor with a knife and you get a disillusion manic who is allowed to exist in society even though they don't have the first clue about living it because they live in fantasy land. All supported by their fictional fantasy friend who exist somewhere in reality but for all practical purposes are just a manifestation created to reinforce the crazy.

It would seem that we as a society need to readjust quite a few things is our structure to counter act this growing trend of disassociation.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue100/100What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue10/10What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

What does it say................ Empty Re: What does it say................

Post by El Duderino Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:52 pm

...says the manic ghost busters obsessive......... crazzzzzzy...

But seriously... you didn´t like GI Joe ??? I KILL YOU !!!
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:45 pm

I hate Twilight. Razz

I agree most people out there are just weirdos....
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue20/20What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue0/0What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by SHMUPGurus Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:59 am

I know what you're talking about. We've talked about this in French class recently, but it was more about online video games addiction. It probably doesn't have a lot in common with what you talked about, but at the same time it's not truly off-topic. The reason why these addicts keep playing their MMOs is that it gives them a quick sense of satisfaction that they can't get in real life. It's easy to create a new, better and unimaginable you on the Internet because, anyways, people all over the world can't compare with the real you in real life. In that sense, they get to experience things they wouldn't possibly do in real life.

What you explained is pretty much the normal evolution of what started with online games through the more casual crowd. With families having at least one computer in the house nowadays, social networking sites and the availability of web hosting sites, I'm not surprised to see things like this happen.
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

https://www.youtube.com/SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFiBoy Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:05 pm

its the internet silly, everyone thinks they are the standard against which all humans should be judged, the nature of the beast as it were, the human ego manifests itself best when it has no fear of reprisal.
SciFiBoy
SciFiBoy

Character sheet
Health:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue20/20What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue0/0What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 10

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SciFiBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by c03n3nj0 Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:32 pm

What? How can you possibly hate this!? FANBOY! GTFO my interwebz!

I AM GOING TO farting KILL YOU AND THEN MAYBE GRAB YOUR FILTHY NECK AND SHOVE DOWN TO YOUR BELLY AFTER I CUT 'EM OPEN. THEN I'MA PROCEED TO PISS ALL OVER YOUR DEAD BODY AND LIGHT IT ON FARTING FIRE AND FEED IT TO THE DAMNED DOLPHINS. THEN I'MA GET THE JAPANESE TO TURN YOU INTO DISGUSTING DOLPHIN SUSHI AND FEED IT TO THE BIGGEST FATASS LIVING IN YOU FAMILY. AFTER THAT HE IS GOING TO DUMP IT ALL OUT ON YOUR GRAVE WHICH WILL BE RAPED BY A BUNCH OF DRUNK HOBOS.

The End.

Evil or Very Mad
c03n3nj0
c03n3nj0

Character sheet
Health:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue25/25What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
EXP: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:53 am

bump - (cleaning up portal)
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue100/100What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
What does it say................ Left_bar_bleue10/10What does it say................ Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:49 am

SHUMP: "The reason why these addicts keep playing their MMOs is that it gives them a quick sense of satisfaction that they can't get in real life."

How is this just MMOs ??? That description fits all videogames... but as usuall on the internet we are in denial about things that effect us... and thats a good thing... mostly... do we really need all that much reality ??? Sure if you get addicted to games and internet it mostly ends bad (or as a beta tester)... I guess online play is more dangerous because it has a social component that gives you the feeling you are not alone at home in your natchostained undies... also there is no closure to the game... always another quest or raid going on... or the next expansion to wait for... but if you are socially awkward or just don´t like real people who are we to judge ??? You just need to realize that it can never fully replace real human contact... and once in a while you need to wash, shave and get out and remember what the daymoon looks like...

As for agression on the internet... mine is purely sarcastic so it doesn´t count (again denial Razz)... the internet has given the whole world a voice... problem is... most of us have nothing interesting or even mildly entertaining to say... at least not on a dayly basis... and most of us just want to be heard... not listen to others... but sice movies, music, TV, videogames and our retarded parents have made us believe that we are special and everything we do is fantastic and improtant (and most of realize thats BS and are bitter about it), we all have the desire (or addiction) to be heard and approved of... but the internet is really a bad place for that... thats why it has become a "who can scream the loudest contest" ...only text is silent... so people go to plan B... be as much of an asswhole as possible to get the attention... some people have found other ways of seeming interesting and getting attention but the vast majority do the asshole rutine because its the easiest (only since everyone is doing it you need to crank it up to "I KILL YOU" levels now)... remember that one kid in kindergarden that would through dirt at everyone and was always insulting so the teacher had to have special talks with him and his parents had to come get him and give him extra attention ??? That kid is the internet... all they want to attention... because attention = love... and thats what it boils down to... human insecurity + the desire to be loved...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by marciosmg Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:13 am

It's interesting how you created a thread to complain about people creating threads to complain about something they don't like. Razz tongue geek lol!
marciosmg
marciosmg

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:59 pm

What does it say................ Funny-graphs-memes-effects-comparison

What does it say................ Song-c10
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum