I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Flow on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:49 am

And no, i didn't gave him a minus, lol
avatar
Flow

Posts : 272
Points : 239
Join date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by HT on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:23 pm

anyone know a site i can download a firewall from? or is the one that comes with windows security center good?
avatar
HT

Posts : 113
Points : 124
Join date : 2009-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by zex on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:39 pm

HT wrote:anyone know a site i can download a firewall from? or is the one that comes with windows security center good?

It is good (unless you visit a ton of bad porn sites and expose your PC more than an average user...but that's your problem, not the firewall's Razz), it should be enough for anyone
avatar
zex

Posts : 1784
Points : 1437
Join date : 2008-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Flow on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:52 pm

zexen wrote:
HT wrote:anyone know a site i can download a firewall from? or is the one that comes with windows security center good?

It is good (unless you visit a ton of bad porn sites and expose your PC more than an average user...but that's your problem, not the firewall's Razz), it should be enough for anyone

No it shouldn't. Also, if you say "bad porn sites", then you must know about "good porn sites", am i right? Rolling Eyes

Here is the Zonealarm site, HT

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/home.htm
avatar
Flow

Posts : 272
Points : 239
Join date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by zex on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Flow wrote:
zexen wrote:
HT wrote:anyone know a site i can download a firewall from? or is the one that comes with windows security center good?

It is good (unless you visit a ton of bad porn sites and expose your PC more than an average user...but that's your problem, not the firewall's Razz), it should be enough for anyone

No it shouldn't. Also, if you say "bad porn sites", then you must know about "good porn sites", am i right? Rolling Eyes

Here is the Zonealarm site, HT

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/home.htm

I'm just saying, I don't want to sound rude, but you gotta be stupid for some thing to happen with it. Either you entered www.hackmypcplease.com using Internet Explorer 4 or you have it horribly configured. Windows Firewall works fine
avatar
zex

Posts : 1784
Points : 1437
Join date : 2008-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Falcon095 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Flow wrote:
Falcon095 wrote:Lol, wondering who did it considering that you're the MS hater Razz
I don't think you really need a new firewall unless you're really exposed to malicious pages or files, most people (like me and zexen) just use the Windows Firewall and don't have problems until like i said you're exposed to malicious content

You are always exposed to malicious content. Especially us, pirates.

You know, it's like when you and your family use a computer for years without even knowing what a spyware is, and when you learn about it and download a anti-spyware program you will find hundreds if not thousands of spywares on the pc. You don't know how much you are exposed until you see it for yourself, like my cousin who already got his pc remote-controlled by a hacker, he also believed he was safe.

Well yeah, of course that we are always exposed to malicious content, just by being connected to the internet we are exposed but there's a difference between not knowing about spywares and getting our pc remote controlled, most spywares and virus that you get normally are just to slow your computer and/or make programs act weird, i know many people that have always their firewall off and nothing really happens (including me when i was younger lol).

I'm not saying that having another firewall is lame or that he mustn't do it, i'm just saying that is not really necessary at all unless he's really exposed to malicious content *cough cough* watching a lot of porn *cough cough* or he has bad luck. Razz
avatar
Falcon095

Posts : 1191
Points : 640
Join date : 2008-12-30
Age : 25
Location : Culiacan, Sinaloa, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Falcon095 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Flow wrote:
zexen wrote:
HT wrote:anyone know a site i can download a firewall from? or is the one that comes with windows security center good?

It is good (unless you visit a ton of bad porn sites and expose your PC more than an average user...but that's your problem, not the firewall's Razz), it should be enough for anyone

No it shouldn't. Also, if you say "bad porn sites", then you must know about "good porn sites", am i right? Rolling Eyes

Here is the Zonealarm site, HT

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/home.htm

Damn you for beating me at saying that first! And I'm really tempted to click in that link..
avatar
Falcon095

Posts : 1191
Points : 640
Join date : 2008-12-30
Age : 25
Location : Culiacan, Sinaloa, México

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Flow on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:24 pm

zexen wrote:
Flow wrote:
zexen wrote:
HT wrote:anyone know a site i can download a firewall from? or is the one that comes with windows security center good?

It is good (unless you visit a ton of bad porn sites and expose your PC more than an average user...but that's your problem, not the firewall's Razz), it should be enough for anyone

No it shouldn't. Also, if you say "bad porn sites", then you must know about "good porn sites", am i right? Rolling Eyes

Here is the Zonealarm site, HT

http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/home.htm

I'm just saying, I don't want to sound rude, but you gotta be stupid for some thing to happen with it. Either you entered www.hackmypcplease.com using Internet Explorer 4 or you have it horribly configured. Windows Firewall works fine

Falcon095 wrote:
Flow wrote:
Falcon095 wrote:Lol, wondering who did it considering that you're the MS hater Razz
I don't think you really need a new firewall unless you're really exposed to malicious pages or files, most people (like me and zexen) just use the Windows Firewall and don't have problems until like i said you're exposed to malicious content

You are always exposed to malicious content. Especially us, pirates.

You know, it's like when you and your family use a computer for years without even knowing what a spyware is, and when you learn about it and download a anti-spyware program you will find hundreds if not thousands of spywares on the pc. You don't know how much you are exposed until you see it for yourself, like my cousin who already got his pc remote-controlled by a hacker, he also believed he was safe.

Well yeah, of course that we are always exposed to malicious content, just by being connected to the internet we are exposed but there's a difference between not knowing about spywares and getting our pc remote controlled, most spywares and virus that you get normally are just to slow your computer and/or make programs act weird, i know many people that have always their firewall off and nothing really happens (including me when i was younger lol).

I'm not saying that having another firewall is lame or that he mustn't do it, i'm just saying that is not really necessary at all unless he's really exposed to malicious content *cough cough* watching a lot of porn *cough cough* or he has bad luck. Razz

No, you don't need to be stupid to be hacked. You don't even need to be smart to be a hacker.

Yes, you are always exposed to malicious content, even if you never accessed a porn site. New trojans are made daily, trojans that will hide even in pictures in your cache and that no anti-spyware will take care of efficiently. Dude, you are in the internet. Your IP is around there everywhere. It's just a matter of scanning your ports and walking in unnoticed if you're not protected.

You think nothing is happening, but it is. Just by installing the firewall you will notice how many blocked attempts will appear there daily. Damn, i had a hacker friend and he doesn't have half a brain, but he would show me shit i couldn't believe. Thank goodness he was my friend and i knew how to protect myself. He ruined lives of people both in our school and miles away, for the laughs. If he was smarter, he would hack me and there wasn't much for me to do.

Not installing a firewall is like not installing an anti-spyware just because you can't feel both of them (spywares and hackers) like you can feel a virus until it's too late.
avatar
Flow

Posts : 272
Points : 239
Join date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by HT on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:52 pm

thanks flow, forgot to add i wanted a free one lol

so what do you guys think about this setup for virus/ attack protection
spyware - spyware terminator
virus - clamAV (comes with spyware terminator)
firewall - windows firewall
and i just installed malwarebytes
is this enough or is there anything else i should download?
avatar
HT

Posts : 113
Points : 124
Join date : 2009-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Flow on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:31 am

Zonealarm IS free. Zonealarm pro is paid but you don't really need it. Just look for the free version on the site.
avatar
Flow

Posts : 272
Points : 239
Join date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by loro on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Hey..what about registry cleaners....Are they good? Can anyone recommend one that won't kill my computer and is still free?
avatar
loro

Posts : 496
Points : 91
Join date : 2008-09-28
Age : 41
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Saki on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:20 pm

I think CCleaner is registry cleaner. I use it thank to brawl and it works perfect I love the program.

Sometimes even cleaned like 2GB of crap.
avatar
Saki

Posts : 458
Points : 503
Join date : 2008-10-10
Age : 25
Location : California

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/LOVEoo

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Flow on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:29 pm

super_etecoon wrote:Hey..what about registry cleaners....Are they good? Can anyone recommend one that won't kill my computer and is still free?

lol i'm not even touching that
avatar
Flow

Posts : 272
Points : 239
Join date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by zex on Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:34 pm

super_etecoon wrote:Hey..what about registry cleaners....Are they good? Can anyone recommend one that won't kill my computer and is still free?

I "use" EasyCleaner. Use is a way of saying since I open it every death of a bishop...that is...not often at all. But it works well...I think
avatar
zex

Posts : 1784
Points : 1437
Join date : 2008-11-16
Age : 28
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need an anti-virus and spyware program.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum