Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

I need tips on getting people's donations.

+2
    Flow
    pichu
    6 posters

Go down

I need tips on getting people's donations. Empty I need tips on getting people's donations.

Post by pichu Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Right.... In the Red Cross club I am attending I must collect pennies or any other kind of coins from other people to raise money for finding a cure and treating people for Leukemia and Lymphoma. I am probably going to be one of the biggest contributions as I am willing to put in a little of my money in it as well! ( yes, my money is scarce! which isn't a lot. )

Anyways the problem is I must ASK people to donate some to the society of these dreaded diseases. How would you ask people to donate? Just go up and say, "will you donate?"
    pichu
    pichu

Character sheet
    Health:
    I need tips on getting people's donations. Left_bar_bleue25/25I need tips on getting people's donations. Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
    Magic:
    I need tips on getting people's donations. Left_bar_bleue0/0I need tips on getting people's donations. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

I need tips on getting people's donations. Empty Re: I need tips on getting people's donations.

Post by Flow Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Well, the sad truth is most people don't care enough about other people's problems to be bothered to give their time, but there are a lot that are wiling to give some change, so you need to make it quick and painless, you could make some sort of stand on a park or something, that grabs attention but won't grab their time

You could go for the kind of people that WILL stop for you, too. You need to attract attention to you and don't be ashamed or afraid. I, for example, would grab my electric guitar and play something on the street to attract attention and therefore, moneys Very Happy. Not because i'm awesome or something, but because it's very rare to see an electric guitar on the streets lol (of course i would look for a safe place, i love my guitar). Gathering a group of people to get donations is also a good idea
    Flow
    Flow

Back to top Go down

I need tips on getting people's donations. Empty Re: I need tips on getting people's donations.

Post by pichu Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:06 am

I play violin, only thing is I hate the outdoors. Razz

I have to carry a box around to school to get the students to collect money, that's where the problem is, I don't thing anyone is willing to do that.
    pichu
    pichu

Character sheet
    Health:
    I need tips on getting people's donations. Left_bar_bleue25/25I need tips on getting people's donations. Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
    Magic:
    I need tips on getting people's donations. Left_bar_bleue0/0I need tips on getting people's donations. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:12 am

I would definitely stop and donate to a violin player in the streets

"I have to carry a box around to school to get the students to collect money, that's where the problem is, I don't thing anyone is willing to do that."

But i didn't understood this Razz, what box and why is it a problem?
    Flow
    Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:10 pm

I have a box where the pennies or other coins go to. My problem is going to the people and asking them.
    pichu
    pichu

Character sheet
    Health:
    Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 am

Oh, so you have to get this money in your school?

Well, this will help you with the safety and shyness issues, but i don't think people in your school will donate more than once so this might hinder the quantity you will get

Playing the violin in your school is a good idea, and another thing i'd do is collect money in between classes (students love to have their classes interrupted Razz, but is not a good idea to collect this money when the classes are over because they will want to bail out), right when another professor is coming, because it will delay the starting of the another professor's class, giving them more time to chat and stuff lol, you know they love that. And of course, ask the professors for money too
    Flow
    Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 am

yep.. ask the teacher in front of the class... he will be forced to give more money than the others...
    Don Ramón
    Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:34 pm

walk along the streets with a "bet u can't hit me with loose change sign" ....sure you'll get plenty of "donations" that way .
    B4L
    B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by MesoZombie Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:45 pm

^this +3
    MesoZombie
    MesoZombie

Back to top Go down

Post by pichu Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:39 am

Hmm. Great Suggestions! I Will be the most giving out of all the other members ever! mwahahahahaha.
    pichu
    pichu

Character sheet
    Health:
    Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Hahaha awesome thought B4L.
    Brute
    Brute

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:57 pm

Report back your methods and results Smile
    Flow
    Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm

if you use my method be sure to taunt the drivers and give them the finger ...might increase "donations" Wink
    B4L
    B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down