Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So... My brother just quit university, forever.

+3
Unsight
Don Ramón
SHMUPGurus
7 posters

Go down

So... My brother just quit university, forever. Empty So... My brother just quit university, forever.

Post by SHMUPGurus Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Hey... I'm not feeling good hearing about this news just now. Hey, there was one day left for me before the weekend, and I still have 6 hours of class tomorrow. I won't be able to concentrate, I know I won't... And I'm not sure if I want to go back home for the weekend (I'm at the college residence right now).

I knew it would happen eventually, because the guy was seriously lacking one thing: concentration and motivation. All he had in mind was girls it seems, or something like "I want someone to care about me" and stuff like that. Oh, and he liked to play with his guitar and Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix. >_>

I have to say, I felt pity for him. He miserably failed his first term, with notes under 50% in all of his subjects... but I can't really blame him. The place he stayed near the university is a f***ing prison. He lives with 4 random people, and they're "study geeks" and not sociable at all. He was alone every single night, and he started to stay very late at the university for quite some time now just because of that. Man... What a life!

But still, now, he's not only hurting himself, he's hurting me too as well! We were supposed to go rent an apartment with two of my other friends for the next semester, but I guess it won't happen now since there's no point if he's quitting everything. My dad did everything for us, me and my brother. He's even "exiling" himself from the whole family just so he can get money for our studies supervising the building of all new hydroelectric generating stations up in the north of Quebec (they're plants that produce electric power by using water to propel the turbines... pretty complicated stuff some Quebeckers came up with). My brother and I don't even have to work! It's an enormous stress he's removing from us. Oh man... I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now... What an idiot for putting so much trust into us, he must think right now! Was he trying to hard? Did he make our lives too easy?

I'm at the college residence right now, and my bro is at home. He was THIS close to start his own life, and I don't want to walk in his shadow all my life. I know my dad is going to put his last flame on me, and that's a burden I might not be able to hold. All I want to do is punch my bro in the fricking face.
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

https://www.youtube.com/SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

So... My brother just quit university, forever. Empty Re: So... My brother just quit university, forever.

Post by Don Ramón Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:57 am

I want to do is punch my bro in the fricking face.
Falcon PUnch?
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

So... My brother just quit university, forever. Empty Re: So... My brother just quit university, forever.

Post by Unsight Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:15 am

Sounds like you care more about how this is going to affect you than anything your brother is going through.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by SHMUPGurus Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:29 am

When you put it that way, it makes me sound like an asshole. If I didn't care for my brother, I wouldn't be going home on the weekends (yeah, I'll be going this weekend too).

I still have to say it sucks that we won't be able to do what we wanted to do, and he couldn't wait for it too. It changes the whole plan now. :/

I think he's doing what we call a "burnout" (at his age, wow).
SHMUPGurus
SHMUPGurus

https://www.youtube.com/SHMUPGurus

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:48 am

Oh be nice WoW.
He's probably in distraught.
People handle problems differently and judging him isn't going to help much.
Personally I'm gonna give him the benefit of a doubt that he's the kind of person who has to get back up on his own two feet first before he can offer to lend a helping hand to someone he cared for.

Now Shmup I don't know how you and your brother share feelings but my male siblings(it includes male cousins) and I punch eachother in the gut when we did something REALLY stupid. It's a way to say "go back to your senses and think about what you've done/been doing" we seldom use it though so it carries a lot of gravity if used. Though it's a known rule for us. If your family has the same understanding then punch him, punch him hard.
Hopefully he'll go back to college, maybe even a different course that he's passionate about when he's ready. Don't give up on him yet, you might not have to carry your dad's flame alone.
All the best Shmup, to you and your brother.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 pm

Damn that sucks hope everything works out find for you and your brother.
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:46 pm

I don't know the whole situation but near most universities are community colleges and they are often the best place to start, and then work your way into the university. I know plenty of people that have been run over by an university so to speak.

Anyways hope things went well this weekend.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
So... My brother just quit university, forever. Left_bar_bleue100/100So... My brother just quit university, forever. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
So... My brother just quit university, forever. Left_bar_bleue10/10So... My brother just quit university, forever. Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:17 am

I don't see how this will affect you, besides of course the sadness of seeing your brother do such thing

I don't see also how is that a bigger burden, if you wanted to get somewhere in life before you brother dropped i don't see why you won't do it now

Remember, you and your brother may not think alike, maybe he wasn't happy with the student life and needed to do some soul-searching. Though it would be better if he didn't started college at all if he would be dropping later

You should ask him about his ambitions in life and help him to make his path whatever his wishes are
Flow
Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum