Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenzomatic new JOB

+4
Luinil
El Duderino
pichu
Kenzomatic
8 posters

Go down

Kenzomatic new JOB Empty Kenzomatic new JOB

Post by Kenzomatic Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:25 am

Sorry I haven't been around I was at my parents for about a week and the internet was down there. Anyways I had to cut my vacation sort (by a day) because the company I had interviewed at for an internship wanted me to start monday morning bright and early. Some quick background my would be boss I taught everything he knows about lighting and texturing a little while back, and he is being worked to the bone not even getting christmas off.

So I show up and he shows me around the building and then we get down to business. He shows me what they're working on and how their doing it, and as he is doing this I'm starting to have a panic attack because everything is so wrong and dissorganized and has no real pipe line set up. Now what they're doing is similar to an assembly line well it could be if they bothered to set it up right. Basically it is the same task of taking a different models lighting it them same way and animating it them same way over and over. So now at a real place you would spend time to set up a production pipe line so that you could automate as much as possible and have everything set up right, this way you could just bang things out rather quickly. Here they are doing it all by hand everytime, and nothing is set up for a realistic workflow.

So I go take lunch calm my self and come back and start doing these task as they have set up. That night when I go home I spend some time testing some scripts so I can automate some things and speed it up. The next morning I go in and my boss isn't there, he calls in and I guess he was up real late and will be coming in a little later. Well this works out because I had to use his computer to setup the scripts anyways So I work on that and then the owner of the company stops buy and talks to me FOR TWO HOURS, I find out 1 all of there software is illigally downloaded like probably $100,000 worth if not more and 2 that some of what they're making is basiclly a pipe dream (never going to happen). So they do have real clients but they're sinking there money into these sceams which will probably never come true.

Next the CEO (not the owner) calls me out side to talk to her. She has just got a E-mail from my boss and he has quit. She wants to know what I know and what I can do. So I tell her I can do everything except the modeling (its machine stuff nothing I'm used to). She tells me they're about 50% of the way done through this project that has been going on now for 3 months. Anyways they want to hire me well they say half internship half pay, but whatever. So after shes tells me all of this I have another panic attack because she says they want the highest quality (which they think they have) but to actually get there everything would have to be redone, givin I could make it all happen quicker because I would do pre-production and install a pipeline. So I accomplish nothing but thinking in my last hour.

(MORE BACKGROUD INFO - I don't want to work at this place I just need 120 hours for my internship so I can finally get my degree and get out here and probably move to a much better location with studio jobs in my field. Also I've already been warned by everyone that they treat all their employees like shit.)

So here I am now I figure I'll take the job for the money well really to make them happy until I get 120 hours then we'll see how things go. I've also come to the conclusion of f*** it and will just put patches all over the workflow they have now and they can have the same POS 3D they been happy with so far. I can still increase production speed by about 10X but it won't be looking any better because to do so would mean starting over as uniformity is important.

Anyways today I have to negotiate everything. I should note the 3D they do is not bad by normal means it just no where near what I'm capable of or what it should be considering what they want to use it for. So 95% of the population won't have a clue, but still they should have done pre-production. Hopefully they stop dropping these bombshells on me and I can relax.

Also as you may guess this will be causeing my time around here to very limited.

ALSO ALSO cograduate me and on the job and I will ban you. JK
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue100/100Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue10/10Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

https://nightsociete.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Kenzomatic new JOB Empty Re: Kenzomatic new JOB

Post by pichu Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:31 am

No wonder you didn't show up a lot in the past few days, now we got to see what's keeping Etecoon busy as well.
pichu
pichu

Character sheet
Health:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue25/25Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (25/25)
Magic:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue0/0Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:32 am

Sweet... try to steal as much as you can before the Hindenburg goes up in flames...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:50 am

it is only 3 weeks of 40 hours a week to get to 120, I hope you get there quickly. Perhaps you could perform a hostile take over of management and run it your way after that? =/
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue15/15Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue0/0Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:10 pm

It now looks like I will run a team of people stearing the sinking ship. At least i can claim manager on my resume now.

Friday I'm suppossed to get the money issue squared away.
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue100/100Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Magic:
Kenzomatic new JOB Left_bar_bleue10/10Kenzomatic new JOB Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:34 am

Hope you got the good monies Kenzo!
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by B4L Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Congratulate on the job kenezy !
B4L
B4L

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzomatic Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Brawl4life wrote:Congratulate on the job kenezy !

YOU MOTHER f***er YOU ARE NOW DEMOTED AND BANNED!!
Kenzomatic
Kenzomatic
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by loro Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:57 pm

Sounds pretty frightening....but I'm sure you will get things going smoothly there. If there's one thing I have noticed in all my jobs (not that I know anything about programming or tech stuff) it's that they are inefficient. Not enough people are looking to make the job run smoother.

But I'm sure this experience will be good for you. It probably won't be the last time you land a job where you have to steer a sinking ship to safety.
loro
loro

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Ramón Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:34 am

I am back.... Dunno what to say...
Don Ramón
Don Ramón

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content