Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

+6
Gengibre
Don Ramón
MesoZombie
skeezer
iclim4
Luinil
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Empty Re: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Post by Falcon095 Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:24 pm

Ahh ok i get it.. everybody have their way to get it and then we all watch it at the same time? (is this right?)
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by Luinil Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:26 pm

that is correct.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/15Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon095 Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:28 pm

Great, i don't watch much anime but i could check this.
Falcon095
Falcon095

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:39 pm

You are kinda late though falcon, what episode are we up to?
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue15/15Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10/10Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Pfft that's not too late.
Watching 8 episodes in a week is easy.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:50 pm

Considering I watched the entire season of EVA in three days, yes, it is
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:51 pm

zexen wrote:I know Ep 4 is supposedly to be awful (guess what, it was for me, I even was fast-forwarding some parts because I was so bored), but I can't take this series anymore, for me the story is plain dull, the characters are annoying and overally it's not funny. I'm sorry, everyone, but this is as far as I go.

See y'all in Tylor.

By the way, when I finish Persona 4 I'm planning to start Code Geass, skeez fully recommended it, any thoughts on the anime from anyone?

Really now, you should not be a quiter..I have heard great things from TTGL, I will catch up shortly after the holidays, Still watch code geass....it does have those plot twists, but I still like the series overall, I give it a 9. king
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10/10Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:06 pm

skeezer wrote:
zexen wrote:I know Ep 4 is supposedly to be awful (guess what, it was for me, I even was fast-forwarding some parts because I was so bored), but I can't take this series anymore, for me the story is plain dull, the characters are annoying and overally it's not funny. I'm sorry, everyone, but this is as far as I go.

See y'all in Tylor.

By the way, when I finish Persona 4 I'm planning to start Code Geass, skeez fully recommended it, any thoughts on the anime from anyone?

Really now, you should not be a quiter..I have heard great things from TTGL, I will catch up shortly after the holidays, Still watch code geass....it does have those plot twists, but I still like the series overall, I give it a 9. king
You may have heard great things...but I haven't WATCHED good things. When a game is not suited to my tastes I leave it, I dunno why I shouldn't do the same with animes
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:26 pm

Admittedly, TTGL has a clunky start. Giving up on ep 4 to me is not really giving it a proper chance though. If you watch till episode 11 (or even ep 8 ) and say you still hate it, then it's surely not your thing.
Remember Suikoden V was slow and boring til the 10th hour to most but most of them ended up loving it.
"Berserk" doesn't become great til volume 3 aswell.

Sometimes you just have to give a story a chance to build up.
That is, if you want to.

Also, I like your sig.
I'm very impressed by Isaac. Harlan, not so much.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by zex Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:42 pm

I must be the only one that absolutely loved the beginning of Suiko V and was in no way ever bored for it.
Maybe I'll give a chance, but I'm not usually a person that likes to change views, I might find stupid things to hate just to give myself more reason to hate the series (I acknowledge that I'm very stubborn)

Great that you like the quotes, I haven't read much of Ellison, so you can say whatever you want that I won't care. Asimov, on the other hand, is my favourite author, he's for me the best damn writer in history, no one will ever be able to write like him
zex
zex

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:38 pm

I wasn't bored of Suikoden V's beginning aswell, I actually liked it(though I might be a bit biased =P).
It was when I read forums and reviews that I got the idea that "most" people thought it was boring for the first 10 something hours. They were complaining that there weren't much battles and just tons and tons of dialogue. Of course we both know that was the build up to its "rollercoaster ride" story.

I'm also very stubborn in a way( I got test results to prove it,haha), but not the way you described it.

I failed at this: Rolling Eyes
to continuously monitor, reflect on, and to question one’s
own thinking, to reconsider interpretations or judgments as
appropriate based on further analysis of facts or added
information and to examine one’s own views with
sensitivity to the possible influence of personal biases or
self-interest.

Anyway, if you do give TTGL another chance let me try to explain what to expect:
5-6 are build up eps for eps 7-8(meaning: They're not very good, but they build up character relationship, about as good/bad as ep 2 and 3)
7-8 payoff
9-10 build-up, but better build-up than the older ones since the series is getting better.
11 payoff (if you still hate it at this point then there's not much point in watching it anymore, you could also stop at 8 if you hate it that much, since that would mean that you just can't empathize with the characters.)

Also, this series isn't serious like EVA(though they're made by the same studio), so take it as it is. Quirky over the top battles with some pretty mature themes and great character development.

P.S. Don't watch an anime because you "Have" to. Watch it because you want to, or because you're bored ,or have nothing better to do, or when you're procrastinating... you get the idea.
For example, don't fast-forward when you're bored of the show, just stop watching and do something else instead of forcing yourself to finish the episode like you did with episode 4.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:33 pm

So are you telling me to completely skip episode 4 iclim?
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Magic:

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:23 pm

Not really, they do introduce some characters that show that the Gurren brigade arent the only humans fighting against Ganmen. But they completely ruined Kamina's character as a caring big brother to simon, They have one of the worst Ganmen enemies, They pulled off one of the worst twist to victory and it has lousy animation.
I'd say watch it (it is part of the show afterall) , but don't think of it too much as Canon character development wise.

I think you already know this, but the director in charge of episode 4 was fired because of how crappy this episode turned out.

By the way, you guys have this.
It's time to watch the show and interpret them on our own.
Each of us interprets information differently, which is where the fun is in watching together. Each of us have different perspectives and we'll usually come up with our own conclusions. We don't need someone to hold our hand and tell us which episode is good and what something means.
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by iclim4 Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:05 pm

So how many of you guys are actually caught up with the most recent episode?
iclim4
iclim4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum