Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs

+3
Don Ramón
MesoZombie
Unsight
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering and other CCGs

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:40 pm

^^ lol... no I don´t like those freaky cards ether... I´ll try to keep the chat open so when you have time we can try to get a game started...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 2 Empty Re: Magic the Gathering and other CCGs

Post by fkusumot Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:46 pm

HOw are you guys playing?
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:49 pm

^^ We haven´t tryed yet but Unsight found a open source prog. called Scrollrack that lets you play with any card you like over internet... you need to know the rules and everything yourself but the prog. seems to be good and easy to use... check out the links in the OP for details...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:49 pm

^^ lol... no I don´t like those freaky cards ether... I´ll try to keep the chat open so when you have time we can try to get a game started...

Sounds good to me.

I'll play with my Angels deck but it's kind of slow (it'd be better for 3-4 person games).

By the way, did you see that you could get full card pictures by clicking that option in Options->Preferences?

HOw are you guys playing?

My first post has a program called Scrollrack in it. It lets you make decks and play over the internet I think.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:51 pm

Also, the little white bar at the bottom of the window in Scrollrack is an IM bar so we can IM each other inside the program. ^_^
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:51 pm

^^ I was going to ask about the card picture feature... I´ll try it out now... also I still have to put my elf deck into the program... the test version was missing something...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:56 pm

El Duderino wrote:^^ I was going to ask about the card picture feature... I´ll try it out now... also I still have to put my elf deck into the program... the test version was missing something...

It didn't work for me at first but then I closed the program and started it back up and it did.

Elves... *shudders*

Oooh! It looks like multiple people can connect with it. We could try a 3-4 person game if it works and more people want to play.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 pm

^^ that would be great... team games or everyone for themselves games are great... we also used to play a mode called clockwork... meaning you could only attack the enemy left of you... that was pretty fun too...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Uh, is this team of dueling?
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:36 pm

^^ whatever you prefer... seems you can do both...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Yeah the program doesn't have any rules built in so it's basically however we want to play which could lead to a lot of fun things.
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:43 pm

It won't let me make a deck. Sad
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:47 pm

^^ ??? File > Deck editor... does not open a deck editor window ???

I had problems starting the program until I installed some Java script and put the folder into program files... now its fine... if bad comes to worse you could just send one of us your deck list and we could make it for you (after stealing your ideas and taking the key cards out of course Smile
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey, I'll make a deck to play you with if you want to play with Alpha cards only. Oh and Alpha rules. And of course, no power nine (moxs, lotus, ancestrall recall, Time and Mr. Twister). The rules back then were that wheel of fortune, regrowth, Sol RIng, regrowth and demonic tutor were "restricted" so you could have one per deck. There were a few other restricted cards.

Last edited by fkusumot on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:10 pm

^^ Alpha only ? hmm that's hard... but classic... with or without power nine ??? and whats special about alpha rules ???
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by fkusumot Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Nothing special about Alpha Rules. Might as well be Beta. No power nine and the restricted list goes on what WoTC put out in early '97. Those were the earliest official rules I could find when Type II was starting to get fleshed out.

These ones are no more than one in a deck.

* Balance
* Berserk
* Black Vise
* Braingeyser
* Bronze Tablet
* Channel
* Copy Artifact
* Demonic Tutor
* Divine Intervention (LE)
* Falling Star (LE)
* Fastbond
* Fork
* Ivory Tower
* Mind Twist
* Mirror Universe (LE)
* Rebirth
* Recall (LE)
* Regrowth
* Sol Ring
* Time Walk
* Timetwister
* Wheel of Fortune

http://classicdojo.org/news/april_ban_rest_letter.html
fkusumot
fkusumot

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:57 pm

I'm ready to try my luck with your Elves Dude.

Someone wish my poor little angels luck!
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:38 pm

nice Smile

BRING IT ON !!!
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:59 pm

The Dude's Elves slaughtered my poor angels and rats.

My Wizards saved the day though!
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:01 pm

^^ Only cause I had no anti counter sideboard... also my deck is to big... still good games... except when one of us lacked mana...

Very Happy
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Yeah... most of your victories were due to me having 1 or 2 mana and you having an entire board full.

Still, luck is part of the game and it was fun. Your Elves are great (and scary)!
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:07 pm

^^ On at least two of those games I killed what lands you where getting so that wasn´t entirely luck... and a wizard that gives every wizard the ability to counter ??? how stupid is that ??? next time I will have anti counters... then we will see who the real wizard is... to bad your rat and angel deck never got into action...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:09 pm

For people curious about what the Dude is talking about, here's the Wizard that messed him up:

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 2 Card29925

What's an anti-counter by the way? It's not even a normal activated ability so how would you counter it?

By the way, I drew him in my initial hand every match we played. Very Happy
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:40 pm

^^ every freaking match that mutherfucker Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

there are cards that just can´t be countered and there are cards that stop players from playing spells and abilities during other players turns so there are a few ways to counter counters... but usually the get countered...

Magic the Gathering and other CCGs - Page 2 Card129789

couterspells have always been a bit unbalanced... but in the good old days there where only so many counterspells and if you played them they where gone... with these new counter abilities combined with cards that can boomerang (which also used to be reserved for abilities) even if you can play a card uncountered your enemy can just force it back on your hand putting you back at zero and holding you in check permanently... that is just wrong IMO...

Last edited by El Duderino on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Unsight Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Um... Patron is 7 years old. It's not exactly new. It's less than a year older than Gaea's Herald.

Still, most of my decks are multiplayer/slow decks that take a few turns to get going. Wizards is one of my attempts at a one vs one deck. I don't really like using it because I think it's too powerful for the type of casual play I want (like your Elves...). Still, I really wanted to win a few games against those Elves.

As for Gaea's Herald, fkusumot can correct me if I'm wrong but the ability doesn't trigger until it's actually in play so you need to get it there first and keep it there despite my boomerangs. ^_^

Summary: Weaker decks please!
Unsight
Unsight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum