Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics

New Gen Predictions

4 posters

Go down

New Gen Predictions Empty New Gen Predictions

Post by El Duderino Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:05 pm

So for anyone still checking in here, how do you predict the new Gen to play out?

In short I`d say Sony will sell most consoles on low price and solid exclusives alone... but not by enough to clearly dominate and gain any significant advantage. MS should do fine and might gain momentum once the xb1 gets cheaper and multimedia capabilities become more important. Nintendo should do fine but not great doing their own thing as usual... what do you people thing?
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

New Gen Predictions Empty Re: New Gen Predictions

Post by Luinil Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:10 pm

i will say that as long as nintendo keeps their 1st party games, they can limp through about anything.
    Luinil
    Luinil
    Admin

Character sheet
    Health:
    New Gen Predictions Left_bar_bleue15/15New Gen Predictions Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
    Magic:
    New Gen Predictions Left_bar_bleue0/0New Gen Predictions Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:13 pm

PS4 back on top with MS not trailing far behind in NA, but elsewhere it will be a wide gap. Nintendo, with the loss of 3rd parties I expect it to be GC era all over again. Not necessarily a bad thing, I mean 1st party is always what I look forward to from Nintendo.
    skeezer
    skeezer

Character sheet
    Health:
    New Gen Predictions Left_bar_bleue15/15New Gen Predictions Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
    Magic:
    New Gen Predictions Left_bar_bleue10/10New Gen Predictions Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
    EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Mako Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14 pm

PS4: 90 million
    XB1: 75 million
    Wii U: 35 million
    Total: 200 million
    Last Gen: 260+ million

I expect this generation to sell less than last generation. Mostly due to the casuals moving on to tablets / smartphones.

PS4 will do the best with XB1 lagging behind. Without the casuals, Nintendo will revert back to N64 like numbers.
    Mako
    Mako
    Admin

Character sheet
    Health:
    New Gen Predictions Left_bar_bleue20/20New Gen Predictions Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
    Magic:
    New Gen Predictions Left_bar_bleue0/0New Gen Predictions Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
    EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:57 pm

I guess last gens numbers seem pretty inflated considering how many Wiis got sold due to low price and hype... but then never really generated any game sales or 3rd party support from nintendo... sony really doesn`t need to change anything, they will play it save and do well that way... but I don`t see them making any move that really puts them over the top... MS does have the chance to attack sony again later on IMO... with a runaway hit or two (titanfall maybe being the first) and something for all ages like the Wii did with kinect once the price is acceptable... who knows...
    El Duderino
    El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down