Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D

4 posters

Go down

Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D

Post by Luinil Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:07 pm

So the other night, I went to go see Beauty and the Beast in 3D. I didn't see the original release in theaters, so I missed the original theatrical experience. The 3D in this movie was obviously an after thought to the original production, and it showed at times.

There were some interesting moments of 3D, mostly the intro, but overall, I would say it didn't really add much to the movie. It was nice for the grand scenes like the library and the dance and some of the other big room scenes and environments. For that it certainly added to a feel that the 3D was enriching the movie.

I did get a small headache near the beginning of the movie, but other than that it was well adjusted.
Experience: B
3D: C+
Cost: ~$10/ticket
Overall: B-
Go see it if you are a big fan. And yes it was filled with a bunch of girls that were quoting and singing along almost the whole movie.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Left_bar_bleue15/15Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Left_bar_bleue0/0Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty Re: Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D

Post by El Duderino Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:03 am

"And yes it was filled with a bunch of girls that were quoting and singing along almost the whole movie."

You mean other girls quoting and singing along beside you???
And even though I liked most disney animated movies as a kid (except the ones that where obviously for girls like beauty and the beast) the only ones that have a lasting appeal for me are the older ones... almost all the ones after the 70s are pretty much unwatchable for me now... idk what it is exactly... mostly the stories are just to predictable and the characters are played save... although I did rather enjoy tangled from 2010... that had the classic disney formula but the characters and story where a bit more original...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty Re: Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D

Post by Mako Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:40 pm

El Duderino wrote:"...almost all the ones after the 70s are pretty much unwatchable for me now...
What? Brave Little Toaster, Little Mermaid, Duck Tales Movie, Rescuers down Under, Aladdin, Lion King, A Goofy Movie, Pocahontas, James and the Giant Peach, Hercules, Mulan, Tarzan, The Emperor's New Groove, Atlantis, Lilo and Stitch, Chicken Little, and Tangled were all great Disney movies after the 70's. (Just to name a few) Also, you could technically include all the Pixar movie on that list as well since Disney bought them. Razz

On topic: Usually adding 3D to an older film doesn't add too much. I think making it from the ground up incorporating 3D from the very beginning is what needs to be done to get amazing 3D affects. Still, can't wait for Star Wars in 3D! lol
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Left_bar_bleue20/20Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Left_bar_bleue0/0Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 am

^^ 1st. Everyone knows putting pixar and disney on one level is wrong... doesn't matter if disney owns them... why not include marvel movies while you're at it?

2nd. I said almost all... and already stated that I liked Tangled... that and the Duck Tales Movie (which was just and after thought to the series) and possibly Luio and Stitch are fine... but the rest I find rather uninspired and boring... sorry that I can't agree with you on them being great... some of them might be entertaining once in a (longer) while but are not great...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by skeezer Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:47 am

Brother Bear, Tarzan, Lion King and Mulan were all good. [i know im missing a bunch of others]
skeezer
skeezer

Character sheet
Health:
Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Left_bar_bleue15/15Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Left_bar_bleue10/10Disney's Beauty and the Beast in 3D Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by El Duderino Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:31 pm

^^ good is not great... and these days where every new movie has to compete with the classics and whatever the rest of the world is doing good has become the new mediocre...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum