Night Societe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will there ever be a one console future?

3 posters

Go down

Will there ever be a one console future?

Will there ever be a one console future? I_vote_lcap0%Will there ever be a one console future? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Will there ever be a one console future? I_vote_lcap100%Will there ever be a one console future? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 4

Will there ever be a one console future? Empty Will there ever be a one console future?

Post by Mako Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 pm

By this, I mean only one home console. Maybe all the manufactures could work together to make one device they are all happy with. Maybe one of these manufacturers buys out the other two and no one else enters the market... It could happen many different ways, but do you think it ever will happen?

I personally doubt it, but you never know.
Mako
Mako
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Will there ever be a one console future? Left_bar_bleue20/20Will there ever be a one console future? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Magic:
Will there ever be a one console future? Left_bar_bleue0/0Will there ever be a one console future? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 3

http://gonintendo.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Will there ever be a one console future? Empty Re: Will there ever be a one console future?

Post by Luinil Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:52 pm

two words, antitrust lawsuit.

that is all.
Luinil
Luinil
Admin

Character sheet
Health:
Will there ever be a one console future? Left_bar_bleue15/15Will there ever be a one console future? Empty_bar_bleue  (15/15)
Magic:
Will there ever be a one console future? Left_bar_bleue0/0Will there ever be a one console future? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
EXP: 0

Back to top Go down

Will there ever be a one console future? Empty Re: Will there ever be a one console future?

Post by El Duderino Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:25 am

Well in the early days with Atari and NES there pretty much was only one console that clearly dominated the market... and it never really worked out... Atari crashed hard and Nintendo treated devs badly during the NES and SNES era leading to a migration to sony...

now with three large contenders that are getting a decent piece of the cake no one can really afford to treat devs badly without risking that they will take their business elswhere (looks at Nintedo trying to regain 3rd party support with the WiiU)... and thats really good... so I doubt there will only be one console maker in the near future... especially seeing how much money is in there... if there was there would probably be a large shift back to PC...

another scenario is that EA or Activision might bring out their own console and publish all their games exclusively on that platform (or make them cheaper with more extras and better online on their platform)... possibly even something like that OnLive service... seeing that publishers don't want you to really own the games anymore going the next step and not even having you own the hardware seems like the next logical step... would also get gamestop and pirates in trouble...
El Duderino
El Duderino

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum